chapter 6

"So guys, what should we do first?" Poppy asked.

John dory took a deep breath. "I think that we should let bruce pick the first activity we do. What should we do first bruce?"

Bruce smiled. "Hmm that's a tough choice. But if I had to pick one thing I would say that the first thing we should do is: surfing.

Poppy and viva excitedly squealed.

Bruce smiled. "And don't worry if you don't know how to surf guys. I can teach you guys. Don't worry. This is going to be fun."

Floyd gulped nervously as he looked out at the water where the waves were. He didn't feel comfortable, in fact it looked rather....scary. he had to get out of surfing but how?

What should he do?

Suddenly he had an idea, maybe he could pretend to faint. Yeah maybe, uh oh that wouldn't work. His brothers would know he was faking it. 'Think Floyd, think.' He thought. Sweat ran down his head. Time was running g out. Bruce was going to lead them toward the boards. If only... wait maybe...

Floyd suddenly moaned.

"Floyd are you alright?" Poppy asked concerned. "You look a bit pale."

Floyd pretended to whimper. "Yeah. It's my stomach. I'm not feeling to good. I think I might need to sit this one out. I'm so sorry bruce." He looked at his older brother. "I'm really sorry bruce but I really really wanted to surf with you but i don't think " just then Floyd hiccupped and covered his mouth his eyes widened. Oh no he had forgotten an important thing: he couldn't lie without getting the hiccups.

"Floyd are you ok?" Viva asked as Floyd kept hiccupping.

"Don't worry viva, Floyd is perfectly fine. He just gets the hiccups when he lies."

Poppy Looked shocked. "Wait he hiccups when he lies?" She asked.

Branch nodded. "Yep."

John dory shook his head. "And it looks like someone gets the hiccups when he lies."

Floyd blushed. He had been caught. Why did he have to get hiccups when he lied. He looked down still hiccupping.

"And there is a way they will stop." Bruce said. "The hiccups go away when floyd tells the truth." He turned to his brother. He gently touched his brother's shoulder.

Floyd hiccupped he wanted to stop hiccupping.

"Floyd is there a reason you lied to us?" Bruce gently asked.

"N-no. *hic*" Floyd covered his mouth.

"Are you sure Floyd? You can tell me the truth and I promise. I won't get mad."

Floyd looked thoughtful,still hiccupping he took a deep breath. Maybe he should tell the truth. It might make him feel better if he did.

"OK. The *hic* truth is *hic* I'm scared to surf."

"Why are you scared Floyd, there's nothing scary about surfing. Are..are you afraid of falling?" Bruce asked gently.

"No it's not that. It's the waves the thought of being near the waves. It terrifies me. I don't think I can do this."

Floyd looked down sadly. Bruce gently hugged his brother. "Hey, it's ok floyd. I know the waves can look terrifying but trust me. Everything is going to be ok. I'm going to do this with you. Nothing bad is gonna happen to you on that water as long as I am here. Ok?"

Floyd nodded.

Bruce smiled. "By the way you were very brave to admit you were afraid floyd."

"Sorry for lying bruce. I really didn't want to face those waves." Floyd said.