II Laenor's P.O.V

King's Landing, The Red Keep – 123 AC

Oh, the fury that burned within Rhaenyra was a sight to behold. As she stormed out of the Grand Hall, her rage palpable in every step, I knew that I had to act quickly to prevent her from doing something that we would all regret. With a sense of urgency, I hurried after her, guiding her towards our chambers before her anger consumed her completely.

Once inside, Rhaenyra unleashed her fury upon the room, throwing objects around and screaming her frustrations into the air. It was a terrifying sight to behold, watching her unleash the full force of her fiery temperament. In moments like this, she truly lived up to her House's namesake, a dragon with flames dancing in her eyes.

As I watched her, I couldn't help but wince, my heart aching for her as she struggled with the overwhelming emotions that threatened to consume her. Rhaenyra was a force of nature, her passion and intensity unmatched by any other. But in moments like this, it was clear just how hot her blood could run, how fierce her spirit truly was.

Despite the chaos unfolding around me, I remained by her side, offering what comfort and support I could as she raged against the injustices of the world. For Rhaenyra was not just my queen, she was my friend, my confidante, and I would stand by her through thick and thin, come what may.

As Rhaenyra's screams began to subside, I held her tightly, whispering words of comfort and reassurance in her ear, as she began to sob on my chest. "I'm here, cousin," I murmured softly. "You're not alone. We'll get through this together."

She clung to me, her tears soaking into the fabric of my tunic as she struggled to find her voice. "It's not fair, Laenor," she finally whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "He didn't even ask us. He just...sold her off like she's nothing more than a pawn."

I nodded in understanding, my own anger simmering just beneath the surface. "I know, cousin," I replied, my voice tight with frustration. "But we won't let him get away with it. We'll find a way to make things right, I promise."

As Rhaenyra's tears slowly subsided, I held her gently, feeling her anguish radiate from her trembling form. "Why, Laenor?" she whispered, her voice raw with emotion. "Why does he always treat me like I'm just a pawn in his game?"

My own heart ached at the pain in her voice, the sense of betrayal that colored her words. "I don't know, my queen," I murmured, my voice soft with sympathy.

Rhaenyra looked up at me, her eyes searching mine for reassurance. "I don't know what I would do without you, Laenor," she said, her voice trembling with gratitude. "Thank you for always being there for me, for standing by my side through thick and thin."

I smiled sadly, brushing a stray tear from her cheek. "You don't have to thank me, my queen," I replied, my voice filled with unwavering loyalty. "I will always be here for you, no matter what. Together, we will weather this storm, and emerge stronger than ever before."

As Rhaenyra finally succumbed to exhaustion and drifted off to sleep, I carefully disentangled myself from her embrace, ensuring not to disturb her peaceful slumber. With a tender touch, I began to remove her jewelry, each piece a reminder of the weight she carried upon her shoulders. As the delicate trinkets slipped from her skin, I felt a pang of sadness for the burdens she bore.

Once her jewelry was safely stowed away, I gently unmade her braids, letting her long locks cascade freely around her. It was a rare moment of vulnerability for Rhaenyra, her usually fierce facade softened in sleep. With a sense of reverence, I dressed her in a simple nightgown, tucking her in with care before placing her on her bed.

With Rhaenyra settled, I made my way to visit Lucerys, finding her curled up beneath the Velaryon-teal covers of her bed. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I approached, admiring the peaceful expression on her sleeping face. With a gentle hand, I brushed a stray lock of onyx hair from her forehead, marveling at the innocence and purity that radiated from her. Leaning down, I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, a silent promise to protect her from the darkness that lurked beyond these walls. Lucerys was my light in the darkness, my reason for hope in a world filled with uncertainty.