III Lucerys' P.O.V

So, I know that in the previous chapter I left a message saying I was taking a break from this story, but inspiration struck me and now I am truly going to take a break after this chapter. The message will be deleted from the previous chapter, so I will be adding it below for those who have not read it.

--------------

Hi! How is everyone doing?

I hope you've all been enjoying this story as much as I have. Thank you for all the kudos and comments, they always bring a smile to my face whenever I see the notification.

With this chapter, the first part of this story is over. Now, as much as I would love to continue with these weekly updates, I've been feeling burned out with this story lately. As such I will be taking a small break before going back to finish it. Don't worry, it will be two or three months at most.

Thank you all for your support and please comment!

--------------

Driftmark, High Tide - 125 AC

We left for Driftmark the day after the Baratheon ships headed back to Storm's End. It was me, Aems, and kekepa Corlys, sailing away while mumuña Rhaenys stayed in King's Landing with muña. They figured one of them had to stay behind. With kepa busy with his squires, Ralph Buckler and Selwyn Tarth, Jacaerys will be mostly left to the care of muña. Even taking into account that Jace would be squiring alongside the young lords. Kekepa Corlys and mumuña Rhaenys didn't think muña was the best influence on him, especially since he's gonna be king one day.

So, mumuña Rhaenys stayed to guide Jacaerys, while kekepa Corlys decided it was more important to make sure me and Aems were ready to handle Driftmark. I overheard their whole talk with the ears of a cat, thanks to my skinchanging. It was kinda funny, really. They didn't trust my muña to teach Jacaerys right. And you know what? I don't blame 'em. My muña's got her own way of doing things, but it's not exactly queen material. So, I was cool with kekepa Corlys and mumuña Rhaenys thinking that way.

I was expecting the next two years in Driftmark to be interesting, arduous with a lot of work, but interesting, nonetheless. What I had not been expected was to go to sleep in my cabin in my kekepa's ship, only to wake up facing the God Arrax. The Ruler of Gods, law, order, justice, governance, and strength. I knew that I was still sleeping in my cabin, that it was my soul the one that was pulled from my body- astral projection the Gods had explained in the previous times that it had happened. Still, it did not stop leaving me feeling dizzy and nauseous.

I bowed at the God, who simply motioned for me to sit down in front of him, so I did. Taking a good look at him, he was like something out of a legend. He had this humanoid shape but with all these dragon-like features—horns, serpent eyes, scales, fangs, pointy ears, forked tongue—you name it. And his skin was as white as pearls, with eyes shining like gold. The Gods had explained to me that when a Targaryen names their dragon after a God, that God takes on the same coloring as the dragon. I found it fascinating and mourned the fact that I could not share this information with my family.

"I must say, I had not expected you to be so effective," Arrax praised me, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Coming from the Ruler of Gods himself, that was a big deal. "You've done an incredible job so far. The Greens' power base is all but gone. If they even try to make a move, everyone will see them as usurpers."

His words hit me hard, though. Sure, we'd knocked the Greens down a peg or two, but war was still on the horizon. I couldn't help but feel a heavy weight settle in my stomach. "So, there will still be war," I said, my voice heavy with resignation.