◈44◈

[Jungkook POV]

It is raining in torrents since morning & the sound of thunder can be heard every now & then. To pour water on a drowned mouse, the electricity went out.

I got up from my bed & went near the window. I looked at the sky. The sky is dull & gloomy just like me. We can see the rain falling from the sky but.....can we see the rain that is pouring inside our chest & making our heart wet? We can't....

Wait, if there is no electricity, there would be no lights or fans on & everything will be dark. What is Y/N & Junho is doing? As long as know, Y/N is afraid of thunders. Moreover, they are alone in the house. Are they scared?

I took out my phone & dialed her number. Then I remember it is blocked. Although I know she calls me everyday & I know I shouldn't but I still check it. I quickly unblocked her number. But wait...

Why must I call her? What would I say if she says she is not afraid? Again what would I do if she thinks I am trying to get back with her because I am impatient & dumb? No, I won't call her.

Just then my phone rang & I checked to find out it is Y/N. Is she really scared?

I didn't waste any moment & picked it up. I heard her voice after a long time & it made my heart race. I took a moment & then said, "Hello?"

Just then a thunder fell with a loud sound & she screamed. I can hear Junho crying too. Are they okay?

"Y/N? Are you okay? Why is Junho crying? Hello?" I said again & again but there was no reply.

"Y/N, are you there?" I said loudly but the network was cutting off.

"Y/N-" the phone call cut.

I was so worried & afraid. What happened to them? Maybe I should check up on them.

I was in a rush. So, I didn't even put my shirt on. I ran to my car wearing a sleeveless t-shirt that I wear while sleeping & headed for her house.

I am coming, Y/N & Junho. Don't be afraid.

[Y/N POV]

Along with Junho, I was very afraid of the dark. I sat on a corner of the couch, clinging to Junho. He stopped crying but was sobbing.

I have never been home alone before. Before Mrs. Jung was with me, then there was Jungkook for a few days and then Hobi but now there is no one. One by one, everyone left me, only me and my little Junho are left in the dark.

Just then the calling bell rang & I flinched in fear. I sighed & carefully went to the door. I bit my lips. What if it's a ghost. NO, there is nothing like ghost. But what if it's a thief?

Y/N, be confident.

"Eh-" Junho was making baby noises but I stopped him saying, "Sheesh, baby. Don't make noise."

I put my ear on the door and tried to feel any sound. But the bell rang again making me jump.

I swallowed hard & asked, "Who is it?"

"It's me."

Why does he sound like Jungkook? Always thinking about Jungkook, maybe I have a problem in my head and maybe that's why I'm now thinking of someone else's voice as his voice.

Why would Jungkook be here? He hates me from the depth of his heart. I guess he would never come to see the person he hates in such a rain. Whatever he is a bipolar.

I opened the door as it rang again & to my surprise, it was really.....Jeon Jungkook.

"Jungkook?" I paused for moment to see him breathing heavily like he has ran a 200 metre race.

"What are you doing here?" I asked being surprise.

"Are you alright?" he asked through his heavy breathing.

I looked at him up & down. He is wearing a sleeveless t-shirt & sandals. He is slightly wet due to both rain & sweat. His face is red like a tomato as he is hot.

I eyed myself from the down to the top & replied, "I am fine. But you?" I asked eyeing him up & down.

He then looked at himself & said, "What about me? Leave it. Where is Junho? Why was he crying?"

He didn't gave me a chance to answer & entered the house....without my permission. He went to Junho & picked him up. Junho was already ready to jump in his arms.

I closed the door & went to them & said, "You should change your cloths or both of you might get sick."

He sat on the couch & replied, "I don't have any other cloths."

"Well..."

-------------End of EP 44-------------

24/04/2024
Wednesday
07:52 PM