"If you're undistractable, why are your eyes glowing?"

I walked into my mothers class just as the bell rang, and sat next to
Lydia. I smiled at her at started rambling,"Hey! Did you hear about the new family in town. Well, I think their a family. I heard that some of them are together, like the Cullen in Twilight. It's weird that... Is that your maths notes?", I asked when I saw she wasn't listening. Instead she was looking at her laptop. On the screen was a bunch of letters and numbers. "That looks like the code from the movie The Matrix. Lyds, did you write these?", I asked her, worried. I mean, not that I don't trust my own sister, is just the last time she wrote or drew things like this, we fought a thousand year old demon spirit.

"Some of them are. The rest? I think your right about a code." She continued scrolling down. More and more letters and numbers appear. I lean in and looked over her shoulder.

"Please tell me, you remember writing it. If not, we're in big trouble. Well, in more trouble, again."

"Not in the slightest. Considering I draw a tree that led us to the Nematon, I should probably figure this out. "

I nod my head, agreeing wholeheartedly with her. "Yeah, probably before it tries to kill us. Or maybe maim us. Or... I'll shut up now." Lydia has one hell scary evil eye. I call it 'scary evil eye'.

"Hey", a idea hitting me,"What if it is like codename, you know. Like every combination of letters and numbers is a name or some message. Like they used numbers instead of letters when they sent messages when we were at war."

Lydia purses her lips, thinkin it over. "I think this is a variation of something you call Vigenere Cipher."

I whistle under my breath. "Wow, big word." I tried lightening the mood. Once it didn't work I asked her curiously,"Do you know how to break it? Cause if you don't I'll help you with my witchy ju-ju." I playfully bumped her shoulder at her smiled encouragingly.

She smiled and sighed in relief. "Thanks. In order to break it you need a key." As if on cue, a key is dangled between our faces. She's bloody physic. Oh, it's just our mom.

She holds the key in front Lydia and says,"Remember the rules. No more than six people in the lake out. Stay out of the wine. And if anything gets broken,"she may or may not be looking at me when she says this,"it's getting added to you guys' credit card debt."

Lydia tilts her head, looking at the key, considering the deal. "Fine." Before she can grab the keys, my mom takes it out of her reach. She says,"And lock up the basement. From all the scratch marks I found on the wall, it looked like a pack of wild animals got down there." She gave the key to Lydia, who smiled a bright fake smiled.

When my mom walked away I shouted at her back with a mock hurting tone,"Where's the trust in me? When do I got a set of keys to the lake house?"

She laughed and simply said,"I don't trust you with the lake house, Hope. You know the reasons."

I sat down. Lydia shared a look. That was close.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not sharing my basement." Malia was the first response when Scott about him biting Liam. Poor kid. He's only 15 and will possibility die or shift into a werewolf. I can sympathize with him. Last year when all this began I was also only 15. Yeah, I'm a year younger than them. But I'm much cooler. Hell, I'm a witch, and that is awesome.

We were standing between two long, very ugly yellow colored busses. I stood next to Scott, out hands laced together. I laughed when Lydia corrected Malia. Raising her hands, she said,"It's our basement actually. And my mom noticed how you tore it up last time."

Stiles immediately defended his girlfriend,"Alright, she's still learning."

"We'll be using the boat house for Liam. It's got support beams. We can chain him to one of them." Scott is always the problem solver.