Coming To Terms With Moving On

As they strolled through the park, the weight of their earlier conversation began to lift, replaced by a sense of ease and contentment in each other's company. With the gentle rustle of leaves overhead and the soft murmur of birdsong in the air, Jane and Maura found solace in the simple pleasure of being together.

As they walked, their conversation ebbed and flowed, meandering from lighthearted anecdotes to shared memories and dreams for the future. With each step, they grew closer, their bond strengthening with every shared laugh and knowing glance.

And then, as they reached a secluded spot bathed in dappled sunlight, Jane came to a sudden stop, her hand reaching out to gently cup Maura's cheek. With a soft smile playing on her lips, she pulled Maura close, capturing her lips in a deep, passionate kiss.

As they broke apart, Maura's eyes sparkled with curiosity, her breath coming in soft gasps. "Jane, what was that for?" she asked, her voice tinged with wonder.

Jane's smile widened as she met Maura's gaze, her heart overflowing with love and adoration. "For being you," she replied simply, her voice filled with sincerity. "For being the most amazing, beautiful woman I know."

As Angela joined Jane and Maura later in the evening to discuss the potential move to Quantico, the weight of the decision hung heavy in the air. As they delved into the details, Angela's anxiety began to surface, her eyes darting nervously as she struggled to process the implications of such a significant change.

Feeling overwhelmed, Angela excused herself from the conversation, her voice trembling as she muttered something about needing some fresh air. Maura watched with concern as Angela hurried out the door, a pang of guilt tugging at her heart for inadvertently causing her distress.

Sensing Maura's unease, Jane knew she had to act quickly to comfort Angela and ease her worries. With a reassuring smile to Maura, she rose from her seat and followed Angela outside, determined to offer her support.

"Ma, wait up," Jane called out as she caught up to Angela on the sidewalk, her voice gentle but firm.

Angela turned to face Jane, her eyes brimming with unshed tears as she struggled to articulate her fears. "Jane, I... I just don't know if I can handle all of this," she admitted, her voice choked with emotion. "The thought of you leaving, of Maura leaving... it's just too much."

Jane reached out to gently place a comforting hand on Angela's shoulder, her heart aching for the pain her mother was experiencing. "I understand, Angela. This is a big decision, for all of us," she replied, her voice soft but resolute. "But no matter what happens, we'll get through it together. We always do."

As Frankie approached Jane at work, a sense of unease settled in the pit of his stomach. He could tell from the furrow in his brow and the tension in his posture that something was weighing heavily on his mind.

"Hey, Frankie. What's up?" Jane greeted him, her voice tinged with concern as she studied his expression.

Frankie hesitated for a moment, his gaze flickering uncertainly before he finally spoke. "Jane, I... I heard something from Ma the other day," he began, his voice hesitant. "Is it true? Are you and Maura really moving?"

Jane's heart sank at Frankie's question, realizing that Angela's distance had not gone unnoticed by her family. Taking a deep breath, she met Frankie's gaze with a heavy heart.

Pulling out her phone, she quickly composed a text message to her fiancée.

"Hey, Maura. Just wanted to let you know that I'm grabbing drinks with Frankie at the Dirty Robber to talk about some stuff. I'll fill you in later. Love you."