◈50◈

"The next contest is Karaoke."

My smile dropped. I am horrible at singing. Jungkook seem to notice my reaction & asked, "What happened?"

"Maybe we are going to lose because I can't sing. My voice sounds like a hen," I shook my head & pouted.

"It's fine. I am good at it," he smiled.

"You can sing?" I was surprised as I didn't know it.

"Just discovered it recently when I do karaoke with my friends."

I clapped my hands & said, "Then you can sing. We are gonna win."

I smiled excitedly but it soon faded when the waiter said, "It's a couple contest. So, you both have to take part."

I sighed & looked at Jungkook. He smiled & said, "Don't worry. You can sing. If you sing with me, you can."

While eating & playing, I forgot that I was mad at him. I was smiling & laughing in excitement. He is really something. He knows how to mess up as well as to make up.

Now all I know is I am drowning away with emotions.

● ● ●

When it was our turn, we got up on the stage. I was nervous like hell but Jungkook held my hand to comfort me. I looked up at him & he smiled & mumbled, "Calm down. I am here."

I somehow felt at ease hearing him. I held his hand tighter & smiled. When the instrument started playing, Jungkook started singing.

His voice is like the fountain of heaven. His vocals are very clear and stable. And his rhythm seems to vibrate the instrument and his voice together. It creates sweetness in my ears.

I close my eyes in comfort. After a while, he stopped singing and the instruments kept playing only. How did it end so quickly?

I opened my eyes and saw everyone staring at me. What happened?

Jungkook then came near me & whispered in my ear, "It's your turn. Why aren't singing?"

Then it hit me. Thia song is divided between us as it is couple duo. We are going to lose now because I missed the rhythm. What's the point of singing then?

"I have something to say. Can we start over?" I said out loud & gossips started. They are complaining about my proposal. Of course, they were happy because we will lose now.

Yhe waiter came & said, "You can't do it. You have only one chance."

Then he looked at Jungkook. It seemed that they were talking through eyes. When I looked at Jungkook, they parted eyes. What's the case between them?

"Miss, you can start over. But we will minus 10 points."

10 points? That's bad. It's all my fault. Jungkook sang so well & I just messed up.

I felt regretful & looked at Jungkook with sad eyes but he smiled & said, "We will start over. It is better than losing 100 points."

My face lit up with happiness. I smiled widely at him. He is so kind. I love this Jungkook who supports me....always.

We started singing again with enthusiasm & dedication. Looking into each other's eyes, we sang our hearts out. Her heart in my heart, her eyes in my eyes, her voice echoing in my voice - what could be a more beautiful moment?

I had a misconception. I thought the beautiful moment ended too soon but no. My moment with Jungkook seemed to go on and on. It is as if we went to another world leaving the real world. As if we got lost in the universe beyond the Milky Way galaxy.

The song ended & everyone started applauding for us. They were complementing our singing ability & love....

But the most surprising thing happened when Jungkook knelt before me on the stage. He looked in my eyes & said with a smile, "Y/N, will you be by my side all my life through my troubles and happiness? Dealing with my arrogance and misunderstandings, will you move forward with me? I know I have hurt you a lot and made things difficult for you but will you forgive them and hold my hand? I may be the same Jungkook who can be both sweet and jealous in the future but will you take the risk of changing me?"

He then took out a small box from his pocket & opened it. It was...it was....

A diamond ring

A diamond ring......

"Y/N, will you marry me?"

------------End of EP 50-----------

26/04/2024
Friday
06:58 PM