Chapter 13: The Surprise Gift ヽ(^o^)ノ

"The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance."

- Brian Tracy

***Jessy's P.O.V***

I was overwhelmed with happiness when I saw the video that Zac made.

He has been the most amazing, caring and loving brother since childhood. Unlike other elder brothers he is very cool with whoever I date and never interfered in my life; like a caring sibling he always supports me and looks after me as a guardian.

I was brought back from my train of thoughts as everyone came to greet me and presented various gifts. I was really glad for receiving gifts from so many people. But at the same time I was missing my best friend.

He had never missed any of my birthdays. During all thick and thin Mike and Zac were beside me. They are my family. I love them more than anything else in the world. I had many fights with Mike but they all ended in few hours but I have a feeling that today's fight will last I don't for how long. I wish I had not said those things to Mike. I miss him so much.

"Hey birthday girl, won't you take a gift from me?" Kate insisted with a smile.

"But you have already given me the gift dear." I replied in a surprised tone.

"That was just a token of appreciation for being such a nice friend. Your actual gift is kept at your room." She informed.

"That's so sweet of you Kate. Okay I'll see it after the party ends, in a relaxed mood." I replied with a smile.

"Can u see it now? Cause it won't last for long. It's something different and doesn't have much time." She said with a puppy face.

"What? Is it a timebomb?" I mocked.

"Yah..yah! It will blow your mind." Kate laughed while dragging me to the room. I wonder what the gift was. She seemed so excited and enthusiastic about it.

As I entered my room it was dark but I could see a huge box, almost the size of a furniture wrapped with a dotted paper with fluorescent stars attached to it which was glittering in the dark.

"Kate I cannot see anything." I exclaimed.

"Relax sweetheart everything will be visible in a second." She replied while flicking on the lights.

Before I could react, Kate left the room by closing the door but did not forget to say her confusing, but sweet remark with tinge of laughter in her voice:

"I hope you like the gift. I am leaving so that you can chat with your gift whole heartedly. And don't you dare to come downstairs without a huge grin which will automatically form on your face after seeing it. Okay enough talking bye." She closed the door, leaving me with a giant box.

Chat? Is it a mobile? A robot? A huge teddy maybe? I don't even know what she meant.

Then my focus shifted back to the box. As I approached towards the gift I tried to speculate the thing inside this giant carton. When I reached it I saw a lock on top of it with a note stating:

"Nothing in this world comes free. One has to earn everything so if you want to open this, then even you have to do some hard work. So go to the side table of your bed and open the drawer you will get the key :)"

Kate you are so tricky! I did as directed then after opening the drawer I found a medium sized turquoise box and as I opened it I noticed two diamond elegant looking earnings, again with a small note which stated: