Chapter 58 ⚠️Traumatic Flash back and Smoking⚠️

🪄Y/N🪄
After a while I found my pack but my hands were shaking too hard as the memories of the worse seven years of my life replaced the cafeteria before me with the Dursley's house. Harry was locked outside to garden while I was cleaning the living room and Dudley's play room.

"D..ling... Dar...ing...darling," Vil's voice calls from somewhere in the house. I blinked and the play room vanished and I was in Jamil's arms and Vil was holding out a cigarette from my pack. "Deep breaths love then take your medicine."

It was a struggle to breathe but I finally managed to calm down enough to place my medical cigarette between my lips. As Vil lights my cigarette, I realized that Jamil's jacket was replaced with a blanket.

"Vil, she can't smoke inside because it's against the rules," a familiar voice scolds but I couldn't connect the pieces as my anxiety slowly eased with every puff.

"Riddle, she has a medical requirement for this pack of cigarettes," Azul says as my mind clings to the present. "Are you saying that you rather her fall into a panic attack and potentially have a violent outburst because of a rule?!"

That's who that was...

It didn't take long for my cigarette to reach the end of its life, so I snuffed out the embers onto my upper arm. The pain helped clear my head more and i could finally register the faces in the cafeteria.

"Are you alright now," Vil asked and I nod, and gently reach out for him, wanting desperately to be held in my final mate's arms.

Vil pulls the blanket tight around my body as he pulls me into his arms with a gentle ease. Yuu must have said something because my mate nods in acknowledgment as we leave the dining hall, with me still in his arms.

"Vil, I'm sorry," I whisper, "I've caused you trouble."

"No, you didn't," he corrects me. "Those unkept potatoes were trying to force you into an undesirable position..not to mention they had the nerve to hit you when you refused."

As he walked and fumed, I couldn't help but smile. Ever since I met my mates, the scars and wounds of my childhood don't seem to have their claws sunken into my mind. The love that they give me makes me feel so beautiful and desirable... valuable even. It didn't take long for my exhaustion to take hold of me and I found myself slipping away into sleep.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in the Soul realm again but the Great Eight look unwell... Elizabeth especially looked like she was being poisoned. Inky black veins mares her skin, emphasizing her dark circles.

"Your Majesty Elizabeth," I gasped in horror as I gently take her hands. "What's wrong? Did her Majesty Grumhilda poison you?"

"I wish it was that simple, sweet child," Ursula says and Salazar walks over to me.

"Elizabeth is being corrupted by Riddle Roseheart's suppressed emotions," he explains as the three of Spades brings over a cup of tea. "In fact this is why we brought you here to begin with. Each of us are being corrupted by the suppressed emotions of those who most resembles us, the foolish headmage was stupid enough to fire the school's therapist to save on money."

I facepalm when my mentor said this, of course that bird didn't think about the future consequences of his actions so long as he was save money and prove that this school was better than all arcane academies in this world. Hell, I'd bet ninety galleons that despite those consequences the headmage won't hire a therapist until more than just the school is effected by it.

"Do you know who most resembles each of you," I asked.

"Sadly we don't know until that accumulation of magic and negative energy spikes," Scar says. "But with the Roseheart boy, he currently won't voice his trauma until it overtakes him in what is called Overblot. When this happens, you must help him snap out of his darkness. Comfort and console him with that big heart you have."

"Scar's right kid. At this moment if you tried to befriend him like this, you'll get hurt," Hades says. "And honestly, I'd rather not see you on the way to my realm until you have great-great grandchildren of your own."

Elizabeth beckons me over, once I'm kneeling before her she hands me a small but thick book. The book was titled "The laws of the Queen of Hearts and the Reasons Behind Them." This was one of the first things I've learned with her during my nightly training with her and the others.

"Young Roseheart is quick to temper and strict to the rules," she tells me with the first warm smile I've ever received from her. "You've already infuriated him because of your medical smoking in campus. So you must show him that you out know his knowledge of my laws, all one thousand one hundred and ninety five of them followed by the reasons behind each of those laws. Whether they're sensible or not, after all you are our greatest prodigy."

I woke up in my dorm with Vil reading beside me.

"Are you alright, darling? You fell asleep after you took your medicine," he told me as he holds me in his warm embrace. "Your dorm Prefect already went ahead and told the teachers what happened at lunch, minus the shifting part."

Each of my mates have a unique scent, and Vil smells like Rose and lavender tea in the evening.

"I'm alright, but I need to get dinner and treacle tarts ready," i said as I crawl out of bed in nothing but an oversized tee shirt.

"When you shifted at lunch, you clothes um..."

"Sorry about that," i say with a blush. "My instincts acted before I could think."

Vil's attention snagged to something on my bed, Elizabeth's law book.