Chapter 2

Hot shot was currently in Texas children's hospital. Hot shot had just found out he has a brain tumor. His brain tumor is called Medulloblastoma which is a type of brain cancer. Hot shot is very worried and nervous about this. But Hot shot is going to be very brave and fight his cancer head on. Hot shot is wondering about his cancer and why he got in the first place. Hot shot was wondering if it was going to be his fault. Hot shot was also wondering if the treatment was going to make him better. Hot shot was wondering about the different treatments too. Hot shot knew was going to have to be strong in fight his cancer. Hot shot was wondering if big feelings were normal. He was wondering what his parents were thinking and feeling. He also knew his parents told the family about his diagnosis. Hot shot knew the whole family had his back through this. Hot shot was kind of scared and worried if bad things were going to happen during treatment. 

Hot shot was holding on to Roxy the rhino as he slept. Hot shot was dreaming and saw many amazing things. Hot shot soon saw a fire start up. An alarm was alerting to the danger. Hot shot was kind of scared and wondering what was happening. But he was going to find out. Then he heard. "Brain tumor alert! Brain tumor alert! Alert the body! Alert the body!" he heard a voice say.

Then he saw something it was a hose, foam cannon and a firefighter axe. There was writing on it. "Use these to fight your brain cancer fire, it will help you defeat it," Hot shot read. "Warning using these will make you feel sick, weak and tired, and make you lose your hair, but it will help you win this fight so be careful," he read on.

Hot shot was ready to fight he did so in his dream and push the fire back. Then Hot shot woke up to a nurse who was going to give him medicine. Hot shot was not happy about that and then went back to sleep after he swallowed the yucky medicine. Hot shot was back to dreaming that dream where it left off. Hot shot felt the effects the label warned him about. Hot shot then managed to put the fire out. Then Hot shot woke up and saw the sun was up and heard the birds singing. "Morning mummy," Hot shot said.

"Good morning Hot shot," Quickshadow said. "How are feeling today poppet?" she asked.

"My head still kind of hurts and I am tired I had rough night because of the times the nurses woke me," Hot shot said.

"I know you did," Quickshadow said. "Also having headache still is normal you are still recovering from brain surgery." she said.

"I still feel kind of tired and weak too," Hot shot said.

"That is also normal, brain surgery tends to be very serious," Quickshadow told him.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

The nurse came in and checked on Hot shot was making sure Hot shot was doing just fine at the moment. Hot shot was also able to have his breakfast. Hot shot was pretty hungry. The nurse took some blood from his Hickman line to test his over all health. Hot shot was a little bit nervous about it. But then when the nurse took the blood it didn't hurt at all. Hot shot began to think the Hickman line wasn't so bad. He found it to be pretty cool to say the least.

His mother got a phone call. "Hello, yes thanks for contacting me, and I am glad you are going to help us," Quickshadow said. "I hope to get in contact with other parents going through what we are going through," she said. "We just found out about this too," she said. "But I am glad you are here for us and going to help in many ways," she said. "Yes I got the booklet downloaded on my tablet, and I hope to maintain contact with you and the others there at the foundation, I hope things will go well for my son," she said. "I know he will be thrilled to hear that okay bye," she said.

"Who were you talking to mummy?" Hot shot asked.

"The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation called, they are the world's largest funder of Pediatric Brain Tumor research, they are helping kids with brain tumors like you and their families," Quickshadow said. "They are researching new treatments, which ones work best for a certain type of tumor of the brain, how to make treatments safer for kids, and to help kids and parents learn about the disease," she said. "They also help with relief money for families who may need help paying for things like mortgage for houses, rent for houses and apartments, things like car payments or gas, other bills, travel expenses, and groceries, because caring for a child with cancer including brain cancer is tough, and takes a lot of money," she said. "They also created The Imaginary Friend Society which is the videos you watched about the MRI and Surgery," she said. "They have a lot of videos on a wide range of cancer topics," she said. "They are meant for children like you learn about cancer, it's treatment and what to expect," she said.