Chapter 10

Hot shot was doing okay with his treatments at the hospital. Hot shot was happy to be doing just fine with his treatments. Hot shot was able to do many things while in the hospital. Hot shot was able to play, eat, drink, and make art. Hot shot even got visited by therapy dogs to help cheer him up while he is here in the hospital. Hot shot liked that a lot. Hot shot loved to pet the therapy dogs and play with them. Hot shot was very happy to spend time with the other patients there in the hospital.

It was very busy time for Hot shot too. Hot shot was able to have a lot of fun and boring times in the hospital. There were times still where Hot shot would feel scared. So he watched the video about being scared from the imaginary friend society. Hot shot realized being scared is part of life and everyone feels that way. He learned that after each scary tests and treatment and every doctor's visit Hot shot was going to come out stronger. Hot shot felt better about knowing that. Hot shot was glad these videos could help children like him during their cancer treatment. Hot shot was glad he could tell his parents anything.

Hot shot had good days and bad days during treatment. There were days were Hot shot felt sad, or scared, or angry or lonely or sick. Hot shot knew it was all part of getting his treatment done. Hot shot also had days were he was in a good mood too. Hot shot felt like any other kid many times during his treatment and he liked those days a lot. Hot shot was hoping to have more good days then bad days.

Hot shot saw it was almost Halloween and Hot shot was going to have to spend it in the hospital. Hot shot was also taking Kindergarten classes in school with many of the other Kindergarten aged kids who were also in the hospital. Hot shot was glad to be there and learning some of those things before he was able to go to real school. Hot shot knew he was going to have days when not in the hospital to go to school. Hot shot liked that a lot. Hot shot was very happy about it he was hoping to see his friends at his new school and make new ones too!

Hot shot was wondering if when he went to school the other children who he didn't know would understand his cancer. "We already explained when you were going to go there after your diagnosis when the school year was going to start that you have a brain tumor," Quickshadow said. "The teachers, principal, guidance councilors, and the nurse will explain," she said. "Your child life specialist might also come and explain," she said. "The school and the nurse are prepared for any kind of emergency that may come up while you are there," she said.

"Okay," Hot shot said. Hot shot felt better after talking about it. Hot shot was very curious about a lot of things like what kind of things he could done when he is better and what kinds of things he could do during treatment when out of the hospital.

Hot shot was watching a lot of movies while in the hospital. Hot shot watched movies with his parents a lot. But Hot shot also watched a lot of movies with his friends in the hospital when there were no isolations. Hot shot was also looking forward to the trick or treat event inside the hospital during Halloween. Hot shot saw their were a lot of costumes to choose from while he was looking at them. Hot shot chose a Pikachu costume that was his size and Hot shot likes Pikachu. Hot shot was very busy with a few things. Hot shot was hoping things were going to go well at it too.

During the trick or treat event Hot shot saw his friends from the oncology unit and he saw other kids from other parts of the hospital. They were all there for different reasons. Hot shot learned that many of his friends from oncology unit had some type of cancer. But a lot of them had some type of brain tumor and were getting treatment for it. Hot shot was wondering about that as he was collecting his candy, toys and other snacks. Hot shot was glad to be having fun.

A bit later Dr. Lin saw him. "Dr. Zhao I noticed for sometime that a lot of the kids here who have cancer have some sort of brain tumor, why is that?" Hot shot asked.