𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

Aurora

My eyes open slowly as I feel the sun's rays tanning my face. I yawn and stretched my arms out. I noticed that I couldn't feel Antonio's body. He was gone. Beside me was a little index card with little letters on it. I smile as I pick it up to read it.

Happy Wedding Day! I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle. - Antonio

Shit! Today's my wedding - and I had completely forgotten. I picked up my phone to check the time and while doing so, I noticed that my Notification Center was flooded with text messages from Kylie, my mom, Mrs. Maricceli, and my dad. I read Kylie's text first, which confirmed that she would be here along with my mom at 9. It's 7:48. Crap.

I got up quickly out of bed and walked in the bathroom. I took my shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and got dressed in sweatpants and a crop top. I placed on my slippers and walked downstairs. The cooks were scrambling while Chef yelled at them. Confusion spread across my face as I tried to figure out what was happening.

"Chef!" I called. I walked to him. He looked very stressed out. I can almost feel his rapid heartbeat and the heartbeat of others, pacing while listening to his scolding. They must be just as stressed, if not, more. "What's the matter?" I asked him.

He sighed. "I'm trying to get the desserts at the venue on time but someone had forgotten to make the two most important things. Now I have to rush!" He rubbed his forehead in frustration. I could see little beads of sweat appearing on his forehead. I instantly felt bad that he was stressing this much when today was supposed to be a joyful day.

I chuckled. "Chef, the wedding doesn't start until 1." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. I couldn't stand seeing people so stressed out. "And to me it looks like it's almost finished." I assured, looking at the cooks preparing the desserts. "Everything will be fine."

He nodded, looking visibly more calmer than before. "I sure hope so, Ms. Aurora." He said, taking my hand in his. "Wait, what did you come down here for?" He asked.

"Oh, I was hungry, but I'll come back." I told him, walking back upstairs. I could honestly wait to eat. I'm not that hungry but figured it would've been best if I was filled up before Kylie and Mama come. I don't want to be a bother.

"No, no, no." Chef stopped before I was all the way upstairs. I halted and turned around. "Go on and sit down, I'll have someone cook you a nutritious breakfast. Want coffee?"

"Yes, please." I replied. I sat down at the table and started replying to all of the messages I had received. In ten minutes, my food was being delivered to me and I quickly started devouring. As I was eating, the front door open and Guido steps in, dressed in his best man suit. "Hi, Guido." I greeted while sipping my coffee.

"Hey, little one." He greets back with a smile. I love Guido's smile. For a big tough guy, he sure does smile a lot. I don't think I've ever told him how nice his smile is. "Are you ready for today?" He asked.

"I'm a little nervous, but I'm ready. I've been preparing for this for 8 years, so I don't really have a choice but to be ready." I chuckled. "How's the groom?" I asked, referring to Antonio.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems as though Guido is unhappy. His half-hearted grin along with his dull eyes speaks for him without words. I just can't understand what would be wrong, but I don't want to ask, fearing that it would be rude of me. "This morning has been very hectic, but other than that, he's ready. He's heading straight to the venue after he's done with business and from there, it's go time."

I nodded. I don't feel it right now, but I know that I will be so nervous. According to Antonio, it will only be his family and best men, some bodyguards, and my parents, along with Kylie. So, only a small reception, which I did ask for. I also found out that for our honeymoon, we're going to Hawaii. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, so I was pretty excited.