𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Antonio

I sigh in frustration. I've been searching all over for paints and an easel but I can't seem to get my hands on one. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I wanted to do whatever I could to make Aurora happy, but I don't know if I'll be able to fulfill her wish today.

Guido chuckled beside me. "Man, it's okay. There's a Home Depot right there, we can check." I nodded, visibly annoyed with my inability to find something as simple as painting supplies.

Guido seems in a much better mood than what he was before. Only a few days ago, his mood has been up and down. But today, he seemed happier. He thinks I don't catch onto things like this but I do. I'm just glad to see my good friend feeling refreshed and at peace again.

While in Home Depot, I was able to find what I was looking for. Some eyes casted down as we walked past shoppers. Yes, people who've been here long enough know who I am. I'm not afraid to hide what I do for a living. The paint supplies, in all, costed me $120. It wasn't a big deal, though. Anything to spoil my wife.

As we were walking back to the car, my phone rang. I sigh, it was Daniel. What could he possibly want now? "What?" I answered.

"Antonio." This is weird. He sounds so serious. "We need you at the warehouse. Now." He urged. I hung up the phone and told Guido to drive to the warehouse. What the hell is going on?

As we made our way, I instantly noticed something was off. I walked closer and there were bullet holes in the windows. I know something has happened. And I also know that I had to kill somebody. I threw the door open. Everybody was standing, all frantic. Daniel was pacing around, looking confused and lost.

"Daniel!" I barked. He came rushing over to me. "Are you okay?" I asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He replied. "Travis got shot, though. Doctor Lopez is checking him out now." I shake my head. Travis was one of my best men.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"It was Santiago." He blurted. He handed me a piece of paper.

I'M STILL WAITING, MARICCELI - B.W.

This motherfucker. He's been after me since we were teenagers. Just like me, he took over his Dad's gang and used that to come after me. But why? I mean, we've done tiny hits back and forth over the years, but he's never crossed the line like this. Now this has become a full on war.

Guido, Kai, Daniel and I headed toward my office. I had questions that I had desperately needed answers to. After calming everyone down, I let them go home early. Normally, they'd be staying here until past midnight, doing their jobs. But I know most of them are spooked because of the events that had taken place. It'd be wrong of me to keep them here knowing that.

I sat in my chair as the three of them sat across from me. "Someone better get to talking. Daniel. Kai." I roared.

"Antonio, please don't freak out." Daniel begged. But I was too agitated to hear it.

"Daniel, just fucking say it!" I hissed. "Why is this motherfucker after me?" I asked.

They both hesitated before Kai had spoken up. "He wants Aurora."

There's no way that's possible. I've kept Aurora hidden. No one really from the warehouse knows about her. So how does Santiago know?

"How?!" I yelled. "Her name shouldn't be out there. I've kept it hidden for this same fucking reason!" I shouted.

"Antonio, calm down." Daniel urged.

In my blinded anger, I grabbed Daniel by his shirt, pushing him to the wall. I hear Guido and Kai shouting my name. But I'm too angry to care. He's after my woman. My fucking woman. And he's slowly trying to get away with it.