𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Aurora

I was taken aback by Guido's confession. He has feelings for me? But why? What did I do for him to have those kind of feelings? I wonder if I had led him on, made him to believe that there was something between us. There isn't, and I definitely don't look at him in that way.

"Guido, I_" Before I could get anymore words out, he pressed his lips against mine, kissing me. I immediately pushed him off, feeling shocked and a little bit angry by his inappropriate attempt. It's my wedding day. "What the hell, Guido?"

"Aurora, I_... I'm sorry. That was completely inappropriate of me." He apologized.

"Yes, it was." I retorted. "Guido, I love you. But as a friend. I don't look at you in that way and if there was something I had said or did that made you believe so, then I apologize. But it's my wedding day, and Antonio is your best friend. You shouldn't have kissed me." I told him.

Guido sighed. "I know. I shouldn't have done that. I just couldn't help myself. Ever since I saw you, my feelings for you developed into something more than just friendship. And as much as I didn't want it to, it did. And I just can't shake the feeling that it's me who you should be with, not Antonio."

"But, I'm getting married to Antonio, Guido. Today. And I've been growing feelings for him since I've met him." I confessed. "I'm so sorry." I apologized. The look on his face just made me feel worse.

"No, I understand." He said sadly. "I'm sorry, again, for kissing you." I nodded softly. "Enjoy your wedding." With that, he walked out of the tent. I sigh loudly. I can't believe that Guido had romantic feelings for me. And that he told me only minutes before the wedding is supposed to start. Now my mind is all chaotic and I really didn't want to be flustered before the wedding.

The tent door opens and it was Dad. I smiled softly to which he smiled back. "Oh, honey." He walks to me. "You look beautiful." He says.

"Thank you, Daddy. Is it time?" I asked him. He nodded.

Okay. It's time. I took slow deep breaths and said a little prayer before exiting the tent. I hugged Dad and placed my arm around his. Together, we stood at the aisle runner, everyone facing us. Antonio stood underneath the flower arc, a giant smile on his face. Guido stood beside him with the same solemn look, making me frown.

No. I can't worry about him right now. Today is about Antonio and I. As I slowly walked past the guests sitting in the audience, all had smiles on their face... except for Antonio's mom, of course. But I don't want to worry about her right now. There's nothing she can do right now, in this moment.

I finally reached Antonio and with a small smile, I hugged Dad and stood with Antonio, placing my hands in his. "You look so beautiful." He whispered.

I smiled. "Thank you." The emotions I was feeling right now, I tried hard not to display. Along with my happiness and a little bit of nervousness, there's still some part of me that feels angry and a little hurt by Guido's confession. As I tried not to look, I can feel his stare. It's part sadness and part resentment. But not towards me, but towards Antonio.

I feel terrible, but I don't even know why. Going for your friend's "wife" is in fact a low blow. Even if this is an arranged marriage, it still means something to me. I've been committed to it since I was young and even with Guido in my life, I've never changed that. I never looked at Guido as anything more than a brotherly figure in my life who I can confide in and be myself around and not worry about someone judging me. But I just hate that he had took it in another way.

I was too concentrated in my own thoughts that I didn't hear or see the priest walking towards us. It was then that I realized that he was speaking. "... in closing, I would like to say that Aurora Franklin and Antonio Maricceli are two contrasting, but joyous souls who are meant to be together in their lifetime. May their love continue to grow and flourish, and may they always find happiness within their hearts and their company."