5. history lesson

My eyes opened to the sound of a hard smack and when I looked up I was in a mansion, very delicately made and decorated with a massive fire around me, was what I was smelling the burning wood, I had a dream I was back in the prison tombs of heretics where the very prisons are surrounded by red hot metal bars, to the point they created fire. Luckily I didn't get to touch it I was too busy getting chained to the wall. It was in this place I heard the voice 

"You can't win..you can't fight...remember..you are mine you owe me I gave you what you wanted...now you owe me.." that's when I heard the smack and when I woke up I was laying on the couch nearest of the fireplace and when I looked up one of the boys was getting smacked by an older woman and said "YOU of all people got involved in vampires you and your friends are one thing, but involving others who can get us in trouble Caleb??" and I widened my eyes his name is Caleb. 

Could he be me in? no There's nothing that would give the impression he was me  I needed to figure out who they were and when I looked into the corner I saw Michael lying against the wall in the corner and Selene was in one of the chairs awake. I said "I'm sorry Sono riconoscente If you boys hadn't been involved we would have been in serious trouble, I have a feeling you kids know something of the murders that's happened around here Sono riconoscente" which meant "I'm grateful" and said it twice. she nodded and took a drink of whatever was in her glass and said "I know well, but I didn't think it would land on my doorstep, who are you three?" and I raised up and winced and said "Im...Ciaran willow NIght".

Selene nodded and said as she slowly got to her feet and brushed herself off and said "Im Selene no last name, and that's Michael Corvin, we're I mean I'M from the coven mansion down the way" Caleb looked at me,us and said "ah the night family you've got a reputation even from here, we're covenant members, powerful warlocks from Ipswich, we were traveling through London looking for some information on a certain individual we had run-ins a few months back when we caught wind of you, his name is chase" and I nodded. My hand flew to where IM sure there were bite marks and caked blood, but there was only flesh under my Blutengel shirt and jacket which was torn to shreds, thank god for small favors that were closest Ive ever been to being marked.. "You rescued us, I was about to be bitten when you got us "Purtroppo eravamo impreparati" Selene nodded and looked to Michael "Lucien bit that one before he vanished..wait" I looked at her and raised an eyebrow. that's when Caleb looked at me. "You speak Italian, but are you the established family like I said? you have a reputation even here in London.."

 I nodded and said " I am. We are. The stories are true, the good and the bad, I'm known as the prodigal son, I practice Magecraft, it's not the same line as you guys I'm sorry Im used to speak Italian I said "Sadly we were unprepared" I won't speak Italian again I found it's my nature currently we are on an assignment away from the Vatican"   that's when I turned to Selene "What is it?" Selene said, "Lucien bit him and then vanished, werewolves can't teleport nor astral project like you guys so where did he go and how did he appear?" I nodded and looked at them when Reid spoke. 

"Our powers come at a price. vampires are dead to the world but live in ours, and werewolves are the same. in our world, vampires and witches and werewolves are  THE triad of powers" I nodded and leaned up. I told them "You're the Ipswitch line I heard of you from when I was studying the Salem witch trials in Rome, the five families" and pogue looked at me "technically four, one line was taken out long ago" and I nodded and said "my powers stem from magecraft runes, sigils, tarot, chaos magic, astral magic, and elemental magic" and they nodded. Caleb said "We dont mind you speaking your native tongue, just clarify and watch what you say" I nodded then Reid said "im wondering whose more powerful me, Caleb...or you? how old are you?" and I his powerful red flare go through his eyes. I scowled and deep inside I heard Nox say" Easy Ciaran, he's goating you to show your hand, easy now" I sensed a push of power towards me and yet my own shielding was enough to keep it at bay, whatever that insinuating could be.