41 - Her sorry

Shalu cried till she felt lite. She wiped her face and took a blanket and went down.

Arjun was sleeping. Shalu sat beside him slowly without making noise. She noticed his face. His cheeks had dried tear marks making her eyes well up.

She covered him with the blanket slowly. She didn’t have the heart to leave him. She took another sofa pillow and kept near his pillow. She lied beside him and started to look at his face.  She gulped her tears and wiped her face and moved to him and got into the blanket to hug him.

As soon as her hand touched him. He turned to her side and hugged her to his chest making her eyes widen in shock. His breathing was normal indicating that he is still sleeping.
Shalu buried her face into his chest. Last four days was like a nightmare for her.
She couldnt sleep as she is used to sleep in his embrace. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes to sleep.

As the time passed the temperature started to drop as it was winter season. Shalu and Arjun hugged more to seek each other warmth. As they were lying in the floor at open living room and compared to their room the living room was little more cold.

Shalu woke up at her usual time and noticed it was morning and she found herself in the bed.

Shalu mv- avaru dhaan thukitu vandhu paduka vachu iruparu.

She went down and found him sleeping on the floor. Shalu moved to room and bathed then came down and he was no where to be found.
Shalu.mv – enga poi iruparu.

Arjun came inside the house with the news paper.

She moved to kitchen and made his coffee. She took it him and forwarded to him.
He got the coffee from her and drank it while reading the paper.

Shalu prepared breakfast for him while he came back to living room in his uniform.

Shalu- veylaiku poringalaa.
Arjun- ama ma.. vela iruku.
Shalu.mv- epodhum enkuda vetulaa irukanum nu nenaikira manushan ipo vela irukunu poi solitu poraru.

She felt guilty. She served him and sat with him to eat. He ate a little and left.

Shalu- mathiyaam ena samaika..
Arjun- unaku ena pudikutho paniko ma.. na saptuku vara maten.

He left the house.

Shalu sighed and sat in the living.

Shalu- ellam enalaa dhaan.. chaa..

She got ready and went to temple.
She gave for archanai and started to pray.

Shalu – avara romba kashta paduthiten. Avaru kita manipu kekanum. Enaku oru vaipu venum. Ne dhaan enaku udhavi pannanum.

Shalu didn’t have the heart to eat so didn’t cook anything. She sat in the living like a lifeless soul. She wanted to talk to him but he is avoiding her.

He came around 10pm. and went to their room directly. Shalu heated the foods.

She sat in the dinning and waited for him and he too came.

Shalu- sapadu eduthu vachu iruken vanga..

Arjun sat and she served.

He didn’t say anything. He ate little and left.
Shalu kept everything in kitchen and moved to room. He was arranging files in the cupboard and left the room after sometime.

He went and lied in the living room. Shalu eyes welled up. She wanted to be with him and apologize to him.

Shalu mom called her.

Shalu- ena ma indha nerathula..
Janaki- eii.. suguna ku kolandha porandhuruchu di..
Shalu- ena ma soldra.. epo.
Janaki- sayangalam dhaan hospital la sethangaa valii vandhuruchunu ipo dhan enaku phone vandhuchu.
Shalu- ena papa ma..
Janaki- poonu dhaan di.. nanum appa vum kalilaa pakka porom.
Shalu- seri seri.