Twelve

Hey guysssssss, wassaaah. Love you, love you, uhh, you can read.

     Although not necessarily the nicest decision, Sonic decided to go with Shadow, back to his house. Before throwing his keys back to Amy though, a voice called out to the dark teen. "Hey, Shadow!" Amy turned around and Sonic glanced around for the source of the sound. Finally, his eyes landed on a white bat with blue eye shadow on her face and pink lipstick tainted on her slim lips. "What is it, Rouge?" Shadow asked, giving her an annoyed glare. 

     The bat shuffled over to where Amy was before replying to him. "I was wondering, y'know, us being..." She glanced at Sonic who intently stared back at her, "friends...and all...You could lend a girl some money? Preferably a twenty." Shadow cocked a brow, "For what?" he inquired. Rouge groaned and muttered, "I need a ride home and I asked one of the guys if they could help me out, but  said they needed twenty if I was going anywhere with them. So, could you please hurry, they could leave at any second." 

     Shadow stared into her eyes and shook his head, "No use in wasting money if I could just drive you myself...Hop on." He grabbed his helmet off of his bike and handed it to Rouge to put on. "Thanks, but I'm not wearing the helmet." She held it out for Shadow to grab, but he completely ignored it. He slid onto his bike and patted a space to sit behind him. The bat rolled her eyes, as unbeknownst to them, Sonic's brows were furrowed and he was looking between the two. He started to consider many possibilities as to why Shadow had chosen that girl over him.

     Rouge hopped onto the bike too and held onto Shadow's waist. Sonic's eyes narrowed, glaring daggers at the embrace as they took off and rode out of sight. He felt a sense of betrayal being left behind, but it was expected since the ebony probably didn't feel any strong emotion towards Sonic. Sonic turned to Amy, "Alright," he said, clearing his throat and continuing, "Let's go," Amy nodded and they both started walking to his car. "So, were you planning on riding with him?" She asked. Sonic glanced at Amy and sighed, "Yeah, why?" Amy shrugged and they both stopped, having arrived at Sonic's vehicle.

     The two leaned against the 1971, dark blue Camaro. "I couldn't help but notice you and Shadow both told me you guys were late today. Which is a fair coincidence considering you must've had a ride here, me stealing your car and all..." She paused, "It's not a coincidence though, is it?" Sonic looked at her face, after many minutes of staring off into the parking lot. She was smiling softly, "No, it isn't," The blue teen confirmed, looking back out into the open. Amy chuckled and crossed her arms, "So, how'd it go?" Sonic slightly smirked himself, remembering the events linked to last night.

     "Well, I hit home, let's just say that." he remarked, "Nice...So, what is it? Short-term boyfriend or is it a one time thing kinda deal?" The pink teen asked, glancing over at her friend again. She didn't want her friends to be on bad terms, she wished they weren't in a fully committed relationship. Even if Shadow hadn't shown it, he had a fragile heart; if he'd gotten cheated on or something like that, he'd be just as cold as he acted. 

"Actually, I'm trying something new."

"Oh? Do tell,"

     "Friends with benefits. He agreed with it, and now, we're friends with a side of certain benefits." Sonic pushed off of his car, "Y'know, we should probably continue this conversation in the car." He opened his car door and sat down in the driver's seat. A few seconds later, Amy did the same, having been on the passenger side instead. "Well, that's..." She hesitated, not sure of how she felt about it, "That's good..so if he gains feelings?" The question hung in the silence of the car as Sonic thought. Amy could have sworn Sonic's face had gone a little pink before answering her.

     "Why, do you think I like him like that or something?" Sonic started his engine and left it running so that the inside of the car would cool down. Amy looked out of her window and sighed, "Look, I don't know if you have feelings for him, and I'm not saying you do, but I would really like it if you didn't break his heart...He's my friend too, you know. I will ask him the same for you, of course, but I need to establish this with you first because you are the one known school-wide, for being a heart breaker, or a couple depart-er."

     She looked Sonic in the eyes, "I need you to promise me you won't." Sonic stared her back in her eyes and hesitated before he made a nodding movement with his head. "Promise," 

Sorry for making this short, really, I'm sorry, but here. I'll write back at ya next week