Fourteen

Heyyyy, let's hope improvising on this shit is good. (I'm sorry for the delay, I was procrastinating big-time, and coincidence, but I've published this on my birthday....Congrats, the ending may not be exciting....BUT you have made it to the end. I will be posting another fanfic soon, bye lovelies)

     I was in the bathroom, staring myself in the mirror and crying, expressing my feelings to Amy who was messing with my quills, when we both heard a vehicle pull into the driveway. Why was I crying? I was hammered and a hopeless romantic, who wouldn't cry? Anyway, we both strode into the living room, peering out the window instantly. It was Shadow. I panicked, "Amy, what are we going to do? He can't see me like this!" We watched him as he climbed the steps to the door. "Don't worry, I'll handle this," she assured me, opening the door before Shadow could knock.

     "Oh, hi Shadow, why're you here?" Amy asked as she wrinkled her nose at the smoke smell. "You've been smoking again? I thought we agreed you'd try and quit?" She glanced over at me, and just then, I knew to go and hide in my bedroom. I slid through the room quietly as Amy continued her conversation. "I was just wondering if I could crash here for tonight? My house was a little farther than I could take myself." Shadow mumbled, he sounded tired. Shortly after walking away, I got to the miniature hallway that led to my, oh, so comfortable and concealable sheets.

     The sound of the conversation muffled as I closed the door quietly. I sighed and backed away from the door to my bed, flopping down on it as the back of my legs touched the edge. The softness of my bed got to me and not so long after, I had fallen asleep. As I dreamed, I couldn't help but feel secure as I felt myself getting warmer under the covers. All dreams that night were nothing but Shadow. He just wouldn't get out of my head...

|THIRD PERSON POV|

     As Sonic had so quickly fallen asleep, Shadow and Amy had been talking about his fight with Rouge. "I just stomped out like that, and now I'm just- I don't know, you think she'll forgive me for being so childish?" Remorse was painted across his face as he sat on Sonic's couch. He looked down, sorrowful, as he imagined Rouge's annoyed and mellowed face. "Yeah, I think she will; she's mature enough to." Amy smiled and sat with him.

     "You are tired, right? You can sleep on the couch or with Sonic if you'd like. I wouldn't mind." Shadow paused and cocked a brow, "What do you mean?" he asked, "Why would you think I'd want to sleep with Sonic?" He was shocked. Sonic told her about their relationship. "Well, I figured that you'd come here for Sonic, not me, so..." she trailed off, looking at the hallway's dark entry. "He's down that hallway. Warning, he had a lot to drink, and he's probably asleep by now." she shifted her gaze back to Shadow and grinned, walking off to another area of the house, which was, unknowingly to Shadow, a storage room for blankets and pillows.

     All of a sudden, the idea of sleeping at Sonic's house was undecided. He was catching feelings, wasn't he? Shadow stared into space and wondered why it was the school whore that his heart had chosen. He groaned and stood up, "I need to sleep, I can think tomorrow..." he muttered to himself. The ebony stumbled down the hallway, peaking into the cracks all of the doors in the hallway provided. The only room he didn't peak in had a closed door, which he assumed was Sonic's room, given no other room had him in it.

     He silently made his way over to the room and quietly grasped a hold of the doorknob and turned it slowly. Sonic's limp body and peaceful expression came into view. Shadow instantly relaxed and shuffled toward the bed, ripping his shirt off and dropping it on the floor, ready to pass out. He landed on the bed, not so gracefully, and did not pass out as immediately as he thought he would. He turned over onto his back and stared at the ceiling. 

     He started thinking about the guy next to him and his feelings about him. Shadow didn't love him. He couldn't. It wasn't what Shadow was. He wasn't going to be a fag who fell for the school whore. He just couldn't. He couldn't. But it felt so right to lay next to the blue teen. The bed was warm, he felt overwhelmed with an unknown emotion, and he just felt the need to wrap his arms and legs around him. He would never get over how Sonic was the first guy ever, either. He was almost..you could say...in love..

     But he wasn't in love. He wasn't in love. He can't be in love with some high school whore who he's just slept with..what? Three times now? Shadow sighed and closed his eyes. He would think about it in the morning.

     And so, morning came. As fast as he'd fallen asleep, he'd woken up, having immediately looked down at the hedgehog cuddling up to his waist. His heart had melted, but then it had quickly regained its shape and froze back over when he realized what he was thinking and feeling. He frowned and got out of bed. He couldn't do this. Not to himself, or anyone else. He just needed to distance himself...Ghost that damned...damned....

|FIRST PERSON|

     It was morning and I had gotten up from the abrupt beeping of my alarm clock. It was so warm in my bed this particular morning, that I hadn't wanted to put in the effort of dragging myself out of my bed just to get to a hell that adults call school. Though, unfortunately the law forced me to, and so I had gotten dressed and ready. I felt it was going to be a decent day today, despite my slight hangover from last night's wine, so I'd made my quills especially tidy and went to school, anxiety-free for once. 

     However, anxiety-free was not the best emotion to start the day considering one of the people I had become considerately close to had been straight up ignoring me, all school day. So we were back to step one. We were also back to the edgy and angsty line, "Leave me alone" it was great. I was currently in the third period, I was having a crisis. What? was he mad at me for something? Did I pass a boundary? Maybe I did talk to him last night when I was drunk and made him mad?

     My mind was racing with all possibilities of why Shadow could've been mad at me. He was distant. He wouldn't say hi or anything. Was he just tired of me and ghosting me? It hurt so bad to see him ignoring my requests for time alone. Just then, after tapping my pencil on my desk for about the 100th time, it clicked. He could've been just distancing because of potential heartbreak...That is expected considering I was known for that sort of thing.

     But I don't think Shadow was like any of those other teenagers I'd slept with one or two times...He's different. I'd even say he's the one. I smiled at the thought of him and sighed. I needed him so bad. So bad, so bad...So bad that I had a break-down last night just because he'd helped a friend get home. I shook my head and  looked at my surroundings. Amy was working on the homework page, Knux was staring daggers through me, and that yellow, geek, fox-guy was also staring at me.

     I would have questioned the staring from him more if I wasn't so focused on my problem with Shadow, though it was tempting. I stared back down at the first question on the page, and of course, went back to thinking. I thought and thought, not touching my paper until I heard the bell ring. Quickly, I leapt out of my chair, a little alarmed as I walked out and into the hallway. The rest of the school day went smoothly, minus the constant "Leave me alone"(s) that Shadow had grumbled at him whenever he'd tried to get his attention.

     So, I jumped into my car, and took off with Amy in the passenger seat. I was riding to Shadow's house. My car twisted and turned, eventually getting to his home. He was off of his bike and he pulled out a cigarette before starting to walk. I turned to Amy and rushedly explained she was taking the car and driving to my house before I leapt out. Shadow felt around for what was probably a lighter, but he never found it, so he'd frustratingly shoved his cigarette back in its box and started walking to his door. I was two blocks down, still quickly and calmly making my way to him. 

     He'd made it to his door when, at the perfect time, I'd reached the beginning of the sidewalk making a path up to his abode. I slowly made my way to him. He'd noticed I was there.

     "Leave me alone," he demanded, standing still, staring at his door. I stood confidently, with a smile on my face and asked, "Are you sure you want me to leave?" I slithered my arms around his waist, he didn't make any move to pull away. He grumbled and sighed as he took his keys and unlocked his door. Once the entrance was opened, he walked inside as I let go of him. He waited to shut the door for me to walk inside, and soon after noticing, I shuffled forward. From this point on, I think we both knew that this was certainly going to continue. These events continuing into... maybe....more than what we currently were? I didn't know what to think. All I could think of was me in his sheets.