Thirteen

Back again, love y'all

     Shadow had taken off with Rouge. The bat needed a ride and those jerks couldn't give him more than two days. He rolled his eyes at the thought of them asking for cash in exchange for a ten-minute ride. They rode for ten minutes to get to her apartment, and after arriving they'd both gotten off the bike and went in. "So, are you doing well with rent?" Shadow asked, sitting down on her couch. Rouge had sat down too, next to Shadow as she replied, "I'm doing fine, what about you? It can't be easy working double time for house bills. Remind me again why you thought it'd be easier living in a house?"

     Shadow shook his head, "The house cost less and the bills were not much higher than the rent for your apartment. There's much more room too." Rouge smirked and uttered out whatever. The room went into a quick silence before Rouge sighed and started a new conversation. "So, I heard that blue whore was tryna sleep with you..." Rouge crossed her legs and glanced over at Shadow who'd snapped his attention toward her as soon as she'd mentioned Sonic. "What about it?" he asked, now glaring at Rouge's smug expression.

     "I was wondering if he actually came close, which I doubt...But I did notice you both riding to school together, today..." Rouge had almost always been plotting something. When she wasn't, she was playing out her plan...Or she was doing something productive and less crucial than what she regularly did as a troublemaker. Shadow cocked a brow and shook his head, putting an innocent face on, "No, I just saw him walking on the road because Rose had apparently gotten impatient and stole his car, which they've, I'm sure they've talked about and forgiven each other for."

     He paused before continuing with, "He came into the Starbucks the other day and actually asked if we could maybe start over and be friends." he confirmed, with a confident tone, using his poker face as he did so. Rouge did not catch onto his mask, she'd just arched her brows and shrugged, "Just...Making sure. I know you, and I know you would give into it if he'd convinced you." She grabbed a TV remote from the tiny table that was sat at the front of the two teenagers.

     "I've only got three disks, two of them are shit and the other is also shit, but it's slightly better than the other two." Shadow shrugged and leaned back, "I could care less about what we watch as long as this topic about me sleeping with that boy doesn't become a daily suspicion for you." he took a pack of cigarettes out of his leather jacket and tugged a stick out, "But watching the slightly better one would be more convenient." He added, pulling his lighter out as well.

     Rouge furrowed her brows and snatched the lighter out of his hands. "What've I told you about smoking in my apartment?" She glared at Shadow bewildered, he stared back at her with a cigarette in his mouth, a knowing, irritated look plastered across his face. "Take those fucking--..Cancer sticks outta my sight." she fumed, "Now," her eyes narrowed with a firm and demanding expression. Shadow rolled his eyes and stuffed the single cigarette back into its package.

     "Right, must've...y'know, slipped my mind somehow...Despite your constant warnings..." Rouge huffed and crossed her arms, "If you're going to bullshit me, do it right. Don't use it for your smartass-er-y." She paused, "Smoking isn't good for you anyway." The dark hedgehog groaned, "You think I don't know that?" he asked in a condescending tone. Rouge stared at him, studying his body language. "You know what? If you're gonna be a dick about my no-smoking rule, you can get the fuck out." 

     Shadow shot his glare from the floor to the white bat. He slammed his hands against the couch and pushed himself up. "You don't have to tell me twice," the teen stormed out as Rouge rolled her eyes at the immaturity. Shadow slammed the door behind him, forming plans to go out and try to somehow bargain with some adults for a bottle of booze. He pulled his cigarette pack out and lit one after a few minutes of fumbling. "Damn bat..." he muttered, yanking his keys out of his jacket pocket.

     He jumped onto his bike and shoved his keys in the keyhole, shifting them to start the vehicle. He rested his arms on the handles and stared up at the clouded sky. It was getting dark out, and he didn't want to be out when all the strangers and creeps began crawling out of their holes. He placed his cigarette in his mouth and took a puff. Putting his legs into position, the bike started moving. He would only go so fast as to prevent it from catching fire or something like that. He wasn't on a busy road which didn't affect his pressure to speed up so much.

     His house wasn't far away from Rouge's apartment, so it wouldn't be too long until he could continue puffing peacefully. Aside from thinking of lying in his bed whenever he got home, he started thinking of Sonic. Sonic didn't live far from there either. He probably even lived closer than Shadow had. Would he mind if Shadow just stopped by? The ebony teen turned left on a yellow light hanging, relentlessly blinking without any other colors or lights hanging near. He didn't think the blue teen would mind. Gosh, he was tired.

     Tired and desperate for sleep. Shadow remembered how he yelled at Rouge and stomped out so childishly. He felt dread start to invade his thoughts. He shouldn't have yelled at her. Sure, she was annoying at times, but that gave him no reason to throw a fit over a smoke. The dark hedgehog took a right and shook his head. Hopefully Rouge would forgive him. He sighed and pulled into a driveway next to a familiar, blue Camaro. He stopped his vehicle and put his keys into his jacket pocket.

     Sitting there, staring at the small house, the teen took his cigarette out of his mouth, tapping it on the bike handle, ridding it of the access ash. Eventually, he'd been done with it and threw it on the ground, stepping on it as he climbed off. He sighed as he made a plan to be polite enough to be able to maybe, at least sleep on his couch tonight. He would lay anywhere at this point, but it'd preferably be on something under a roof. Shadow stepped up onto the porch and walked up to the door. Before he could knock, the door flew open. "Oh, hi Shadow, why're you here?"

Sorry, for any crappiness, this is ending soon btw, and it might be a crappier ending than you may expect, idk. Love ya'll.

Leave Me Alone | Sonadow | High School AU |On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara