nine

I'm on my way to Cairo. I look forwards to the guided tours. F1 drivers must be on holiday/vacation now. Lewis will probably go to Brazil. I have no idea. Speaking of him, I have to call him back. He tried to call me. 

I get off the train and I walk to my hotel. I start to work tomorrow. I call Lewis quickly because I'm exhausted. We stay on call for thirty minutes and then, I hang up. I take a shower to relax. I'm on edge right now. I leave the bathroom and I go to sleep. 

My alarm clock goes off at 6:30 am. I must be at the museum at 8. The first guided tour is at 8:30. I get ready and I leave the hotel in the direction of the museum. I text Lewis to let him know I'm going to work. 

It was an exhausting day. I still had breaks, although there were quite a lot of guided tours. I'm back at the hotel. I thought I saw Lewis with the other drivers this afternoon. Maybe it's my imagination and my desire to see them. I take a long shower. I smelt perspiration and I hate the smell. I try to call Louise back but she doesn't reply. I come out of the hotel and I walk around Cairo. I feel so safe here. I take lots of photos of the city.

I'm sitting by a table on the terrace of a bar. I hide my eyes with my black sunglasses. I have no desire to tell what's wrong. I have no strength. I put my phone on the table and sip my apple juice as I watch people go by. I hear my phone ringing, but I don't pick up. Tears run down my cheeks. I wish Louise or Lewis were here, but they're not. A young girl, 7 years old, I would say, walks up to me and asks me this question: 

"Es-tu Dixie Hayward ? Ma soeur te suit sur Instagram !"

I look at her for some seconds before I reply. 

"Oui c'est moi."

"Puis-je avoir une photo et un autographe pour elle s'il te plaît ?"

"Pas de soucis !"

Her mother takes a photo of us and I sign an autograph. We talk a bit before they leave. I'm surprise to have managed to have a conversation in French for so long. I don't get to practice French all the time. I pay for my apple juice and I walk to the hotel.

I'm in my hotel room. I sent the photos of the city to my mother and to Tony. I'm lying under the blanket. I desperately need to keep to myself and it hurts not to reply to Lewis. I still don't know how I feel about him and it annoys me. I hate being like this. I sigh and I go to sleep. Tomorrow, things will get better and I will surely have clearer ideas. 

Well, no I don't have clearer ideas than yesterday. I just woke up and the first person I think about is Lewis. I have no energy to go to work. i get up sighing and I get dressed quickly. I leave the hotel with my stuff and I walk to the museum. I took a pastry so I wouldn't have an empty stomach before working. I turn my phone off and I start the first guided tour. 

I finally finished the morning guided tours. I'm eating a sandwich with colleagues. I like guided tours, but it's long and it's quickly done. I finish my sandwich quickly. because I get back to work in five minutes. I get ready quickly and I wait for a group of people to start the first duided tour of the afternoon. 

I have a short 30-minute break. I'm talking to my colleague.  A few minutes later, I see her starting to choke while drinking water and she shows me the entrance of the museum. I open my eyes when I see the F1 drivers. What are they doing here? I'm so happy to see them again. I was so exhausted from my day. I am comforted by the fact that I do the last guided tour with them. I get up and set up. They're so happy to see me and they're all smiling at me. I see Lewis talking to Charles.

I just finished the guided tour with the F1 drivers. It was amazing even though I was stressed. They made me laugh with their jokes. I go to the changing rooms. Then I leave the museum. I come across the pilots waiting for me in front of the museum.

"We wanted to invite you to a restaurant." - Charles starts

"Well... I have nothing to wear." -  I reply him

"Don't worry about that." - Lewis adds

"Can we pick you up at 7:30 pm ?" - Pierre asks

"No problem."

They come with me in front of my hotel before leaving. Except Lewis. 

"You don't go with them ?" - I ask

"I wanted to give you something." - Lewis replies,giving me a box 

I take it and I open it. I smile without realizing it when I see a dress I wanted for a long time. There are also shoes that go with the dress. 

"When I saw it, I thought it would suit you." -  Lewis declares

"Thanks, Lewis !"

I close the box and I put it on the bench next to us. I give Lewis a huge hug and he hugs me tight. Lewis drops me and he tells me to go get ready before starting to go to his hotel.

"Lewis ?" -  I call him

"Yes ?"

"Can I have another hug please ?"

He comes back quickly, almost running, to hug me. I missed his hugs so much. I kiss her on the cheek before going to my hotel room to get ready.

I get dressed with the dress Lewis gave me. I put on the deodorant because even at night, it's hot here and you sweat quickly. I can't wait to see how Lewis gets dressed. I brush my hair. I realize I'm half an hour early. I take a book and I keep reading it. I start to hear a notification. It's a message from Lewis.

Lewis : How is the dress ?
Dixie : It's perfect ! Thanks again, Lewis.
Lewis : No problem, princess. Can I see how it looks on you ?
Dixie : It's a surprise :).
Lewis : Can't wait :).

I put my phone next to me and I keep reading. I'm so excited to see it. I have a smile on my face.

Twenty-five minutes later, Pierre called me to tell me to meet him outside the hotel. I quickly take my jacket and bag before closing the door of my room. I quickly go down the stairs, impatient to spend the evening with the drivers. I see Pierre with his car. We kiss each other on the cheek and hug before joining the others. We talk about everything on the way to the restaurant.

I get out of Pierre's car. The drivers are inside. I'm waiting for Pierre. He takes his jacket from the back seat. We enter the restaurant and the evening begins.