Lightning

Draco and the rest of the gang in stitches after Chloe ran to them with the news of Ginny and Dean, "that's rich!" hysterical Crabbe said. Chloe was still out of breath from running over as fast as she could, "you should've seen her face," she held her side that was cramping.

Some girls walked by the laughing group, "hi Chloe!" they exclaimed and waved. Chloe smiled and waved as she was cramping still. "oh! why didn't you tell us you had a secret admirer!?" one trailed back. The table suddenly quiet, this was news. "umm, because i don't?" Chloe said confused. The girls giggled with excitement to break the news to her, "well the package on your bed would say otherwise!"

Chloe's eyes slowly traced around the room in thought as the idea processed in her mind. Her eyes hitting Crabbe, Goyle, and lastly Draco. Her eyebrow raised in intrigue. Draco's mouth slightly opened as he looked into Chloe's hazel eyes trying to solve if she was aware or not. In a split second Chloe ran to the common room, almost at the same time as the boys got up to run to beat her to it- to open the package before her and read any possible letter to embarrass her.

Chloe darted through the halls leaving a draft behind her. Draco just right behind her, his long legs stomping just next to her heels. "Stop it!" she yelled swinging her hand back to slow him down. It was almost comedic how desperate they all looked to get to the package first.

Chloe swung around the corner, her golden hair blowing behind her, her hands high in speed. their feet stomping shortly now as they made it to the room, Chloe throwing a random students pillow behind her in hopes that it would stall Draco. She jumped over Malfoys bed and swiped the basket off of hers.

"what the hell is the matter with you!" Draco yelled in defeat. Chloe didn't even pay attention to his sore loser tantrum as she squealed with excitement at the gift. "so much chocolate!!" she screamed. Draco scoffed, "sounds like they just want you to get fat then.." Chloe didn't even react until Draco eyeballed the note on the front of the basket in cursive writing, "𝓒𝓱𝓵𝓸𝓮" he snatched the letter as chloe flung herself at his hands. "Draco stop!!" she shouted, but it was too late Draco already began to read the secret letter.

𝑀𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒,
𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝐼 𝓈𝒶𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓈- 𝐼 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒷𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝑒𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊...

-𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓁𝓎,
𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓃𝓎𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓈

"i could barf" Draco tossed the letter on the bed, Chloe jumping for it. "is that really what it says!" her smile beaming from ear to ear, lighting up the dark lit room. Draco's face twisted, "you can't really be impressed by that?" he said, "it's just a load of sugar and a vague letter!" Chloe clutched the letter to her chest and kicked her feet, "i think it's adorable" she squeaked as she rolled around the floor.

she gasped looking into the basket some more, finding a small bottle of Butterbeer. Draco examined it, "it looks... funny.." his eyes squinted, "why is it so... glittery?" he asked. "they probably just wanted to make it cuter for me," she blushed as she bat her eyes as Draco, snatching her bottle back from him. "you should be embarrassed with yourself," Draco stuttered looking for a way to ruin this for her.

"nothing you say can take this away," she sang not bothered by his remarks. Draco scoffed and left the room to shit talk the package to Crabbe and Goyle, who he felt would understand his resentment to the gift. Chloe didn't mind his absence as she had already began to dig into the boxes of chocolates and snapped open the top of her glittering butterbeer.

Draco and his loyal lackies sat in disapproval as they discussed Chloe's gift as well as her excitement for it. "what's so romantic about hiding your identity? he sounds like a coward." He said shaking his head. "i don't get it.. it's just chocolate? what's so special about that?" Crabbe added.

"Shes probably still in there swooning i bet." Draco's eyes rolled. "you'd think she's never had a boyfriend before.." Goyle mocked. it was then that Draco realized, she hadn't had a boyfriend before, and started to feel slightly bad for how he made fun of her. But that didn't stop him from continuing, to keep appearances of course. The 3 headed back to their common room for bed.

Draco reached his bed- all the way in the back, when he saw Chloe laying in his bed clutching his pillow for dear life. "what the hell are you doing?" he whispered, yelling at her. She popped up as her face lit up in pure joy at the sound of his voice, "you're here!!" she screamed as she jumped up to hug him. Draco's face contorted with confusion not returning the hug. Then he noticed her outfit...

She was wearing a button up white collared shirt that was oversized, and black quidditch shorts, Draco pulled her off of him as he looked her up and down, "are you wearing my clothes?" the corners of his mouth turned down, "mhm," she blushed, "they smell just like you" she swung her body side to side. Draco went to speak but was interrupted by her hands grabbing his, pulling him to sit with her on his bed. "listen," her hazel eyes flickering in the fireplace reflection, staring softly into his stormy blue eyes- he suddenly forgot how to blink. "i've been wanting to tell you for soooo long" she cooed, confusion written all over Draco's face, "i'minlovewithyou!" she blurted. she covered her mouth and giggled. "wha..what..?" The crease under Draco's nose became more prominent with every second as his face kept pulling itself downward.

"sorry," she blushed, "i'm, in love with you.. i have been for as long as i can remember.. which honestly feels like it was just yesterday." she smiled longingly at his eyes and then his lips. "i want you to be my first kiss.." she blurted again, and without hesitation or a moment to react, she quickly leaned in and kissed him on his soft pink lips. Draco's eyes never closing, but now exposing the whites of them. His face burning as he could feel it turning red. his heart felt like it jumped out into his lap.

"we should get married" she giggled. "what's gotten into you!" Draco sprung up. "are you mad at me?" her face quickly turning to concern. "i.." he stuttered, "i don't know what i am!" he trailed off. she frowned, "does that mean you don't want to get married?" Chloe said pathetically. Draco was speechless his face twisting and turning at her words.

"no!" he shouted at her, their voices still quiet enough to not bother the other students. "but why not!" she cried, "if there's something you don't like about me i can change it!! honestly! whatever it is!" "get out of my bed," he shooed, done with this nonsense. "go, go, gooo" he waved his hands at her like a pesky bug. she sadly crawled over to her own bed, "and give me back my pillow!" she resentfully handed it over as he snatched it from her hands.

The room now quiet, except from sad sniffles coming from Chloe's bed. a few moments passed as Draco laid on his back looking at the ceiling trying to figure out what just happened. maybe she's drunk.. it could just be a joke.. but...

she kissed me..

he thought to himself until Chloe interrupted him again.

"Draco.. Draco i can't sleep... can I get in bed with you?" she whispered. "go to bed Chloe." he groaned. "but Draco i ca-" "don't speak to me for the rest of the night." he cut her off, followed by even more sniffles from Chloe.