Chapter One

"Hay,you've reached me, and I'm sorry I'm unavailable right now"

I sighed, as my moms call went straight to voicemail. This was the tenth time, I was trying to reach her, and I was about to go on stage now. Then again, I was used to the treatment.Ever since her and my sisters were put on a Lifetime reality television show on dance (Dance Moms) our whole entire life changed. I saw less of my family every single day.At first I was very happy for them, but then they kept always having to travel and at the time I was only three and I needed my mom, but she wasn't there.

Now, even when they are home, she still never has time for me unless it has to do with dance, but she's still always with Maddie and Mackenzie. When ever there away I'm either home with my step dad Greg and my half brother Tyler, but most of the time, I'm with my biogical dad Kurt. I was only one when they got divorced and I'm so glad that no matter what the situation is with him, and my mom that's he's always there for us. Well, I'm Danielle Ziegler and this is my life. "I know mommy, is not answering, but I want you to go out there and dance to the best of your ability, because when you do that, your unstoppable" Exclaimed dad. We then hugged and did our quick hand shake, which we stole from the Parent Trap, and he kissed me on the forehead. "Go get'm Dani"

I walked onto stage, with a smile on my face. I took my position on the ground, waiting for the music to play. Although, I felt as if I couldn't count on my mom, I knew that I could count on my dad.
He was my hero, my "Dance Dad", my best friend. He came to every one of my competitions, helped me with my hair and make up. He was at the dance studio, made sure I had everything I needed. This dance, this dance was for him.

-

" And in first place in the mini division solo, with the highest score of the whole entire competition, also with the judges favorite dancer award, number thirty-eight Some Nights"

Shocked I stood up, excitedly as the audience erupted with cheer. I could hear my dad's voice through all the noise. I couldn't believe I had the highest score in the whole entire competition.
I wasn't a bad dancer, actually a very good one for my age, and this competition season I had a winning streak, and haven't lost yet.The lady put a tiara on my head, and gave me two, big, gold medals. "You were amazing out there" The m.c. lady, said through the mic. "Thank you" I replied, still in amazement. "What studio are you from?" She questioned. "Abby Lee Dance Company" I replied and the audience erupted in more cheer. "Well give it up for Danielle, you truly danced with your heart". Smiling I walked back to my team, who was seated in the front. They all pulled me into a hug. My best friend Maire, and I were the youngest on our mini elite competion team. We had gotten first place in our group dance, and Sarah had gotten first place in her solo, also.

"You were amazing sweetheart" Dad said, pulling me into a big hug as soon as he saw me in the dressing room. He spun me around in the air as I laughed. "How about we skip the bus ride and drive home. I'll treat you to ice cream" He say's. "Deal" I say whilst laughing. We're all removing our make up and packing up, our dance teacher Ms.Shannon, and Ashely are giving us a pep talk and congratulating us. I go behind the curtains, and change into my outfit, which consisted of a white flowy top and my A.L.D.C., jacket and track pants. Along with my black Nike's. I hugged all my friends good bye, seeing as I wasn't going back home with them to Pittsburgh. "Do you got everything you need" Dad asked, before we got on the elevator. "Yes"I replied, but just as we were about to go in, we were stopped by a tall man, wearing a fancy black suit, with a white bow tie. Fancy for a dance competition?

" Excuse me Hi, I'm Chris Rock and I work with Disney, Nickelodeon, ABC, all those Networks. I was watching you dancing, and let me say, you were amazing out there" The man told me. I was shocked when I heard he worked with all those television networks, especially since there one of my favorites.
My sister Maddie was once "Austin and Ally" and Mackenzie was on "Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn" not too long ago. But Maddie was supposed to be premiering on an episode of "Pretty Little Liars" soon. They were all so lucky! "Thank you so much" I replied, whilst smiling. "Your welcome" He responded."I sent a video of you dancing to one of the producers and they sent me to invite you to come out to our next open audition, next Wednesday in L.A. for Liv and Maddie". "Oh my gosh" I said excitedly.

I looked up to my dad and we both exchanged smiles. For the next few minutes, dad and Chris talked before exchanging emails. He would send the script to me tonight by email. I was going to work so hard. I want my mom to have something to be proud of me.