Chapter 7

"Make sure you have your hat on Lily." I said sternly. She was such a stubborn child, just like her mother. My mother, Lily's legal guardian, went out of town for a little vacation with my dad and I volunteered to keep Lily. Now you might be wondering why my mother has a child at her age, but it's for a good reason. She's the daughter of my sister. My mother took her in because my sister is currently M.I.A. Right after she had Lily, she just left and never came back. Most would be mad or feel some sort of anger, but I don't. I knew my sister better than anyone and the decision she made was for the best.

"I got it Belle. And I got my scarf." Lily smiled while putting it on. "Good job boo. You're such a big girl." I praised, making Lily's smile increase. Just as I picked Lily up, my phone started to ring. I sighed while sitting her down on the counter in front of me. I searched through my bag and finally found my phone.

"Hey momma." I said as I adjusted my purse and took Lily into my arms again. "Hello honey. I was just checking on you two." She said, a little concern creeping into her voice. I rolled my eyes as I set my alarm and walked out of my apartment. "We're fine mom. Tell her we're fine Lil." I said with a smile as I handed the phone over to Lily. "We're fine gram gram." Lily smiled. I giggled a little as I listened to the cute conversation taking place between my mother and niece.

I placed Lily's adorable little 3 year old body into her custom made car seat before making my way to the drivers side after checking the safety straps and buckle. I started up the car and turned the heat full blast before pulling out of my normal parking spot. My attention turned to the back as Lily handed my phone back to me. "Hello?" I spoke into the phone, but was greeted with silence.

"I'll call her back later." I said aloud as I drove down the familiar streets that took me to Lily's school. "You ready for school Lily bug?" I asked while looking at her through my rear view mirror. She gave me a big, beautiful smile while nodding her head 'yes.' I made a few jokes which ended in laughter as I pulled into the year-round school parking lot.

"You ready to go?" I asked as I helped her out of the car. "Yes." She giggled while running inside the building. "Lily!" I yelled while jogging after her so I wouldn't slip on the snow. "Lily, come here right now." I yelled as I got across the parking lot and inside. "Li-" I said, but stopped when my eyes fell upon a man.

Not just any man though.

This man was Harvey. The Harvey I can't seem to get my mind off of.

But wait.

Why is he here? Does he have a kid? My heart beat quickened at the thought of Harvey having a child and there being another woman in his life. I couldn't be able to take the fact that he gave something as precious as his first child to another woman. I know he's not mine, but... I don't know... I need to stop this feeling I have for Harvey because I have a boyfriend, but I just can't. He's such an incredible person.

"Hey!" Harvey said as he turned around and revealed another child. A cute little boy who looked just, if not exactly, like Harvey, but with black hair. "Hey." I smiled half-heartedly, not really knowing what to say or think and trying not to jump to conclusions. "Is that your daughter?" He asked while nodding towards Lily. I saw a flash of some sort of emotion cross his hazel eyes as he waited for my answer.

"No, niece." I smiled and he seemed to let out a sigh of... relief? I don't know. "You?" I asked, eager to know his answer. "Nah." He shook his head. "Brother and sister." He smiled while rubbing his brother's back lovingly. I mentally aww'ed at how cute he looked. It was so adorable to see him with his brother. "What's his name?" I asked while pointing to his brother. "Aden." He smiled. "And that's Sarah. What's your niece's name?" He asked.

"Lily." I smiled while looking at her. I've always wanted a daughter and Lily seems to fill the void for me. Even though she's not biologically mine, in my heart, she seems to take a place as mine. "She's gorgeous, looks just like you." He smiled with a slight smirk. I giggled as my head lowered to avoid the obvious blush growing on my caramel skin.

I heard a scoff come from behind me making me furrow my eyebrows and turn towards the sound. Behind me was a group of women, who were also dropping their children off, with looks of lust, envy, and jealousy. I released a chuckle at how the older women were acting because of a small compliment given by a beautiful man, but to be honest, if I were in their shoes, I would be jealous too. I looked back up at Harvey to see a sexy smirk on his face.

"Alright Lily bug, I'll see you later beautiful." I said to her after I signed her in and walked her to her class, Harvey going to do the same. "Bye Belle. I love you." She smiled before giving my cheek a kiss. I felt my heart burst with love from the small peck from the sweet child. "I love you too Lily." I said with a bright smile. I walked out of the room with my mind on my phone, not paying attention to the body in front of me until I collided with it.

"Oh I'm sorry." I apologized. "You just love bumping into me don't you?" The person said before turning around. My cheeks turned as red as they could get once I realized the person I ran into. "No I just..." I trailed off, too embarrassed to answer. "It's ok." He chuckled. "I don't mind you bumping into me." He said, making me blush even more.

"I was thinking we could go out today." He asked, a sleeping Aden still in his arms. "But what about your brother?" I asked while rubbing the precious child's cheek, his little lips twitching into a small smile, making the two of us smile. "Actually I'm on my way to my mother's house to drop him off. We can meet somewhere afterwards." He suggested.

"Sure. Where?" I asked. "Umm, what about Panera Bread?" He asked. "That's fine." I smiled. "Cool. I'll see you in a bit?"

"Yeah." I smiled again. "Bye Harvey."

I was a little surprised when he pulled me into a hug, his hand resting on my lower back, right where the top of my ass is. I gasped a little, but bit my lip harshly to try to pick the moan in when his fingertips touched my warm skin. "Bye love." He whispered into my ear before giving my jaw a slight peck, a shiver ran down my back in response. He pulled away with a smirk on his lips before walking away.

I didn't realize all the looks being thrown my way until I turned around to leave the building. I jogged to my car and decided to run an errand before meeting Harvey.