52 || ONE STEP, THREE STEPS

𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕞𝕪 𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖 (𝕤𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕕 + 𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕓) – 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕟𝕕
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO | ONE STEP, THREE STEPS
𓆩❤︎𓆪𓆩❤︎𓆪𓆩❤︎𓆪

Christmas was never a popular holiday in the Osipova family after Storm's mother was murdered nor was it in the Kuznetsov family. Yet, Sophia looked forward to it every year, staring at the decorations with a gleeful smile.

Every year she wrote to Santa and every year she was gifted a bag of coal and her father's cold gaze. She never understood why Santa always gave her coal and why Dara always got gifts. Was she not a good girl? Was it because she wasn't good enough? Was it because she stole one of Santa's cookies?

Sophia sighed, wiping her forever-coming tears as Koshmar rubbed his face against her calf in an attempt to comfort her, making her chuckle. "I'm sorry, Mishka." Little bear.

Koshmar only whined once again and when Sophia finally dropped down to his level, he licked her cheek, causing another chuckle to leave her lips.

"I'm okay."

She wasn't. She'd been crying for days. She'd been crying for as long as Storm had been gone.

Where had Storm gone?

"I know, I'm sorry. I... I can't find him." She rubbed her chest, her eyes prickling with tears. "I can't find him. But he's okay." He had to be.

Koshmar tugged on her bottoms, whining as he tried to get her attention again.

"What is it, Mishka?" Little bear.

He tugged on her bottoms again and this time Sophia allowed him to pull her out of the bedroom despite her reluctance to. She hadn't left it since reading the contract.

It felt like someone had plunged a dagger into her chest and twisted the steel.

"Koshmar, Mishka. Not today." She didn't want to play. She was in pain. All she felt was pain. Little bear.

Koshmar tugged on her once more.

"Koshmar-"

Sophia's eyes widened as she heard the soft click of the door, indicating that someone had opened it. Someone had entered. She froze in place, her feet glued to the floor as her wounded heart soared to her throat. Before she could ever approach the front door, he stood before her, looking worse than she did, dark circles deeper than hers, hair messier and eyes duller.

His eyes locked with hers and all she saw was emptiness, mirroring herself.

"Where were you?"

Instead of answering her, Storm only stared at her, dropping the paper bag down to the floor.

"I couldn't find you."

He ignored her despite wanting nothing more than to pull her into his arms. He said nothing. He simply held her and Sophia held him despite her anger.

"You fucked someone, didn't you?"

Storm didn't say anything.

"Let go of me."

He only pulled her closer.

"Storm, let go-"

"It's Viktor."

"What?"

"My name is Viktor Osipova."

She knew what his name was. She knew what his name meant and the value it held for him.