53 || SUNRISE

𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤 – 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕟𝕕
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE | SUNRISE
𓆩❤︎𓆪𓆩❤︎𓆪𓆩❤︎𓆪

"You're not curling your hair, Sophia."

Sophia held the curling wand a little tighter, bringing it closer to her as they continued their game of tug-war. "Yes, I am."

Storm nearly broke the wand in two. "I said no."

"And why the hell not?"

"Because I fucking said so."

"I wanna curl my hair!" She'd never curled her hair, never cared enough about her appearance to do anything. "It's your fault anyway."

His eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "How is it my fault?"

Sophia managed to twist the wand out of his grip. "If you hadn't made me wear those stupid dresses, we wouldn't be having this discussion."

His shoulders fell, silence filling the room as Storm watched her plug it. "I'm not letting you curl your hair."

"You can't just-"

"I'll curl it."

Sophia blinked. "Repeat that again?"

Storm rolled his eyes and picked up the curling wand, looking at it and trying to understand the machinery. "You heard what I said."

"Do you even know how to do it?"

"Do you?"

No.

When she said nothing, he picked up the hairbrush and started running it through her hair as he hummed. "That's what I fucking thought."

Huffing, she leaned back against her chair and stared at him through the mirror with slitted eyes. "If you burn my hair, I'll kill you."

Storm only hummed, a focus furrow between his eyebrows as he finally put down the hairbrush and started sectioning her hair and curling it. It took him nearly forty minutes to finish her whole head of hair. "Are you happy now?"

Sophia grinned, staring at her big wild curls with a gleeful expression. They reminded her of her mother's own wild curls. "I love it."

"Don't get used to it," he warned, as if the strings of his heart didn't tug at the sight of her smile.

Ignoring him, she stood up, attempting to wrap a curl around her finger, only to have Storm slap her hand. "Ow!"

"I didn't spend forty minutes getting burned for you to ruin it all. Don't touch it."

She glared despite her own smile tugging on her lips, a flush spreading across her cheeks. "Thank you," she murmured shyly.

"Shut up."

She stifled her smile and glared at him through the mirror.

"Let's go now before I make you stand in front of the window on timeout again."

Sophia's smile dropped as she glared. "Fine." Angry, she gathered her things and watched as Storm took her gun before taking her hand in his. Having taken her by surprise, all Sophia could do was stare at their interlaced fingers with a flush as Storm dragged her out the door into the elevator and out of the skyscraper.

Why did her stomach tighten when he squeezed her hand? Was she sick?

"Sophia! Are you even listening to me?"

Sophia snapped out of her daze and locked her eyes with his. "What did you say?"

Storm only grumbled in response and opened the car door for her, mumbling profanities under his breath when he watched her crawl into the car with that tiny skirt of hers, the scar at the back of her thigh winking at him, making his slacks tighten around his crotch.