Chapter 28: Living on the Island

Eda, Amity and Willow traveled through the dense forest. Eda led the way, the two teens following behind her. Eda pushes branches and leaves out of the way with her staff, the teens ducking under to avoid the branches. They step over a tree root and Amity trips, but Willow catches her. "Thanks."

They continue onward for awhile longer when Eda suddenly speaks up. "Here we are." She pushed the last few branches out of the way, revealing the tower they had seen from the sky. It had a keyhole shaped doorway, there were rocks collapsed around the doorway like it had once blocked the entrance but now revealed it.

"Alright, the creature can't get past this doorway, some sort of ancient spell is blocking it I'd guess. So all we need to do is distract it and get the others out here." Eda explained, climbing up and over the rocks to head inside.

As they headed inside Eda activated a light glyph, Willow and Amity casting their own light spells. As they headed deeper into the tower, Amity and Willow looked around curiously. There were drawings on the walls of large creatures that looked a lot like King.

But before Willow could ask what this place was, there was a shout of surprise down the hall and Eda sprinted towards it. The teens quickly ran after her to catch up. They entered a large circular room with more carvings on the walls and little pebbles stacked ontop of each other each with a half moon shaped head.

On the other side of the room was Lilith with King on her shoulder and Hooty strapped to her back inside some sort of portable house. There was a single ball of light that Lilith must have used to light the room.

However the most concerning thing was a larger version of the stacked pebble statues with red fleshy substance that kept it together and it was alive and hostile. Lilith leaped back as the creature swung down with an axe shaped hand.

Lilith used a few plant glyphs to wrap it up in vines. "Eda!" King shouted, spotting the Owl Lady. "Get back to the entrance! Quick!" Eda commanded as the creature broke free, Eda threw a potion at it's face, momentarily blinding it as it shrieked.

"Go! This thing can't be beat!" Eda urged. Lilith nodded, "what about Eda?" King asked. "She'll be fine." Amity replied as she summoned an Abomination.

"This way!" Willow directed, Lilith quickly followed the teen back to the entrance as Eda dodged a strike from the creature. "It's been awhile. Miss me?" Eda taunted. It lunged at Eda but Amity blocked it's attack with her Abomination.

"Let's go while its stuck!" Eda said, grabbing Amity's arm and shoving her towards the exit. It didn't take long for the creature to break free of the muck and give chase. Amity climbed over the rocks first, Eda quickly following, the others were standing by the entrance wearily. The creature leaped ontop of the rocks, hissing as it swung an axe shaped arm towards them, but a blue force field prevents it's attack from going far as it's arm goes limp.

It hisses and pulls its arm back, disappearing into the darkness of the tower. Everyone sighed in relief now that the monster was gone. "It can't get past the entrance, we're safe now." Eda explained.

"That thing must be guarding this place from intruders. Right?" Amity asked. "But it's my castle. How could we be intruders?" King replied. Eda sighed and the group looked to her. "I think it's about time I tell you what really happened..."

Eda went on to explain that about eight years ago she stumbled across this island while running from the Emperor's Coven. She explained that she entered the ruins to get out of the boiling rain, but she wasn't alone. Because within the ruins seemingly alone was a baby King. Who was the one making the mini rock formations that littered the main room of the tower.