First Day Pt2

Five minutes later, Y/n, Dick, and Stephanie arrived at their first period science class. The room was filled with lab equipment and educational posters about physics and chemistry. Students were bustling around, finding their seats as the bell rang, signaling the start of class.

The teacher, Mr. Arthur Light, a man with a scholarly demeanor, stood at the front of the room. He clapped his hands to gather everyone's attention.

"Alright, everyone, settle down. We have two new students joining us today," Mr. Light announced, gesturing towards Y/n and Dick as they lingered near the door. The classroom chatter quieted down, and all eyes turned towards them.

"Please, come in and introduce yourselves," Mr. Light invited with a warm smile. Y/n and Dick moved to the front of the room, feeling the curious gazes of their new classmates.

Dick spoke first, his voice clear and friendly. "Hi, I'm Dick Grayson, and this is Y/n Wayne. We're both from Gotham and excited to be here at Jump City High. Looking forward to getting to know all of you."

Y/n gave a slight nod, adding, "Yeah, what he said. Happy to be here."

"Thank you, Dick, Y/n. I'm sure you'll both fit right in," Mr. Light said, nodding approvingly. "You can take the two open seats next to Miss Brown. Stephanie, please raise your hand."

Stephanie, who had already settled at a lab table near the back, waved her hand, signaling where they should sit. As Y/n and Dick made their way to the table, Mr. Light continued with the day's lesson.

"Now, let's dive into today's topic—properties of light and optics. I think you'll find it illuminating," Mr. Light said, his tone shifting to one of enthusiasm for the subject matter, drawing a few groans and chuckles from the class at the pun.

As they sat down, Stephanie whispered, "Don't worry, he's full of light jokes but you'll love his class."

As the bell rang, signaling the end of class, the students hurriedly gathered their things and streamed out the door, eager to get to their next classes or enjoy a break. Time seemed to pass quickly as Stephanie guided Y/n and Dick through the bustling corridors of Jump City High, pointing out various classrooms and introducing them to the layout of the school.

By third period, however, their paths diverged as Y/n and Dick's schedules called for them to head to different parts of the building. After ensuring Dick was set up in his next class, Stephanie continued to accompany Y/n, chatting amiably as they navigated the crowded hallways.

As they approached Y/n's next class, Stephanie slowed her pace, gesturing towards the doorway. "And here's where I leave you," she said with a smile. "This is your class. Hopefully, it's a good one."

Y/n nodded, looking through the classroom door where students were already settling in. "Thanks for showing me around, Stephanie. I would've been completely lost without you."

"No problem, Y/n," Stephanie replied, her tone friendly and genuine. "If you need anything or just want to hang out, let me know. Gotham folks gotta stick together, right?"

"Definitely," Y/n agreed, smiling back. "See you around, Stephanie."

"See you!" With a final wave, Stephanie turned and headed back down the hallway, blending into the sea of students, her blonde hair disappearing.

___________
A New Light
_________________

After a brief introduction where Y/n offered little more than his name and a nod, which drew a few curious glances from his classmates, he settled into his seat. The classroom was typical, adorned with educational posters and the standard blackboard at the front, yet it hummed with the quiet energy of students settling into the rhythm of a new period.