Football and Cheerleaders

Y/n leaned against the wall outside his classroom, tapping his foot with a mix of impatience and nerves. First period had just ended, and he was waiting for Stephanie, who was still inside, peppering Mr. Light with questions. She had also been relentlessly curious about the events of that harrowing night.

Since passing out in the warehouse, Y/n had woken up back at his home, a fact that initially baffled him until Victor explained that he'd found Y/n's address on his student ID. Now Victor was aware of his and Dick's alter egos as Robin and Falcon, but he had promised to keep their secret.

Y/n was snapped out of his reverie by a sudden slap on his shoulder—the very one that had been pierced by glass just the night before.

"Ouch!" Y/n winced, turning to see Stephanie apologetically retracting her hand. "Oh no, I'm so sorry! I totally forgot that was your injured side," she blurted out.

"It's okay," Y/n assured her, trying to shrug it off despite the sharp pain.

"So... where did you disappear to last night? You didn't call or text," Stephanie probed, her tone playful yet pointed.

"Yeah, because I totally should have called you when I don't even have your number," Y/n replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Stephanie responded with a deadpan stare before quickly unlocking her phone and thrusting it toward him. "Well, here's your chance. Put your number in," she demanded.

"So, can I see it?" Stephanie prompted, her curiosity evident.

"See what?" Y/n asked, feigning ignorance.

"Your shoulder, of course," Stephanie replied with an expectant look.

"Oh, right. Someone took me to the hospital." Y/n lie. He carefully pulled down the collar of his shirt to reveal a neat row of stitches. Last night, Dick had initially tried his hand at stitching up the wound, but it had ended disastrously. Eventually, Alfred had to make the drive from Gotham to fix things after a failed attempt to guide them over FaceTime.

"Woah, that looks awesome," Stephanie said, her eyes widening as she gently traced her finger along the line of stitches.

"Yeah, getting stabbed in the shoulder is just fantastic," Y/n responded dryly, adjusting his shirt back into place.

"At least it makes for a cool story," Stephanie remarked.

"You have no idea. I've got stories for days," Y/n said with a chuckle, a hint of the truth behind his adventures peeking through.

"And, um, I wanted to say thank you—for covering for me back there. I was thinking, maybe I could treat you to a movie and dinner or something this weekend?" Stephanie suggested, her fingers nervously twirling as she awaited his response.

"That sounds great, but how about we watch a movie at my place instead? We've got a home theater," Y/n offered, a slight smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"What?" Stephanie blinked in surprise. "You have a movie theater in your house?"

"Yeah, Bruce went all out when he set up me and Dick with the place," Y/n admitted with a sheepish grin. "It's pretty cool, actually."

___________
A New Light
_________________

Classes had wrapped up for the day, but instead of relaxing at home, Y/n found himself standing on the football field. Dick and Victor had coaxed him into coming along. Y/n was still unclear on why he was even there.

"So, why am I here again?" Y/n asked, eyeing the players running drills. Victor stood beside him, intently watching the field, while Dick was in the locker room getting changed into his football gear after impulsively joining the team the day before.