God Damn Moths Pt1.5

(Forgot to add this to the last chapter. Sad times😔. Follow the Hoemie GohanBlanko , he's close uhhhh 500 people. Help him out. Yuh. Love y'all. Mwah 😘 )

Ravager stood in the familiar chamber of Queen Bee, who was perched regally in her chair as usual. This time, however, Brother Blood was absent, and a new figure lounged across the room on a couch, his gaze fixed intently on Ravager. Though not easily intimidated, Ravager couldn't shake the uneasy feeling this man stirred within him.

"Tell me, how did the mission fare?" Queen Bee inquired, her interest piqued about the effects of the serum on Killer Moth.

"It was more effective than anticipated, until it turned on me," Ravager reported bluntly.

"And is that why you retreated so hastily? Legs tucked between your legs as they say?" Queen Bee asked, a sly smirk playing on her lips.

Ravager clenched his jaw, tempering his response. "The results were as you predicted, weren't they?" he retorted coolly.

"Indeed," Queen Bee conceded, rising gracefully from her seat to approach him. "You performed sufficiently, I suppose, for an exorbitantly paid mercenary," she remarked, her finger tracing a path across Ravager's shoulders with a mock tenderness.

"Though you proved more competent than those siblings. Had they simply captured the animal shifter, our plans would have proceeded much more smoothly," Queen Bee added, her tone laced with a mix of disdain and amusement as she reflected on the missed opportunity.

"So, what's next?" Ravager inquired, his voice tinged with anticipation.

"We are on the verge of perfecting the serum. A meta-human capable of transforming into any form nature dictates. However, we are missing a critical component," Queen Bee explained with a hint of frustration.

"A person, this time. You're to infiltrate a prison for me, and you'll be taking Blockbuster along," she commanded.

"Simple enough. Who's the target?" Ravager asked, his interest piqued.

"I'll disclose that later. But first, allow me to introduce you to your new associate," Queen Bee said, gracefully returning to her chair and gesturing towards the man lounging across the room.

"You hired another mercenary. What's so special about him?" Ravager questioned, unimpressed.

"Not just any mercenary. This man sought us out after learning about Falcon's activities in Jump City. Meet Dr. Jonathan Crane, better known as Scarecrow. And he's proving to be a valuable ally," Queen Bee introduced with a sinister smile

 And he's proving to be a valuable ally," Queen Bee introduced with a sinister smile

Ravager instantly recognized the name. Scarecrow's notorious attempt to engulf Gotham in fear was infamous. Standing up, Scarecrow approached with a calm, menacing presence.

"And how exactly is he assisting us?" Ravager asked, skepticism in his tone.

"I have offered Queen Bee a steady supply of my fear gas," Scarecrow began, his voice smooth and confident. "In exchange, her resources are at my disposal to refine my formula. And she has agreed to deliver Falcon to me," he concluded.

"That's not happening. Falcon's mine to finish," Ravager asserted firmly.

"Unless you wish to forfeit your compensation, you will adapt your objectives to include capturing both Robin and Falcon alive," Queen Bee interjected sharply.

"I don't merely want to kill Falcon—not yet. He's shown an intriguing resistance to my fear toxin. Broke through it with sheer will, surpassing even Batman's resilience. Perfecting my formula depends on breaking him," Scarecrow revealed, a twisted smile playing on his lips.

(More art)