3: The Start

After two weeks of continuous planning, all decided to rent the same apartment but with different rooms to give them privacy. The adults knew it would double their financial status in this world but they needed to do this, for the sake of going back home to Teyvat.

Jean sighs, counting their money. They have more to spare, but they knew they need to start working. With the false files Nahida made for each of them, they were Japan's citizens in a illegal way.

"Kaeya, let's go. We're going to a police recruitment to start working." Jean says with a sigh.

"I, too, will go to a library for research purposes. Only the establishment has the answers I need." Zhongli announces, after deciding to be an archeologist.

"Mr. Zhongli, may I come with you?" Albedo asks, wanting to know more about the knowledge of this world.

"Very well, anyone else?" He asks and Alhaitham with Kaveh raises their hands.

Diluc then looks at Jean, as if telling her he was going to come with her and Kaeya.

"There's no high end villains here to join, I guess we have to wait for a few weeks then." Childe sighs after watching the News for any updates.

"Is this clothes suitable enough for us?" Venti asks, wearing a T-Shirt and pants with his color, his usual hat on his hair.

"Yes." The Raiden 'Shogun' answers with a small sigh.

"Miss Jean, may I and Chevreuse go with you and Mr. Kaeya?" Clorinde asks with a neutral tone.

Jean only nods with a smile, liking their progress.

"This is only a step and were heading for more." Neuvillette says, looking at his documents that Nahida made.

"Let's go, Mr. Neuvillette." Cyno says, making his spear disappear from his hand.

"Very well, Mahamatra Cyno." Neuvillette nods with his usual pensive look.

"Miss Yun Jin, Xinyan and the others. We need to temporarily stop your public performances. Villains and Heroes might take interest in you and we don't want something bad to occur." Ningguang says, knowing how manipulation works.

"Certain individuals is already aware of our mysterious existence. We need to make a move now to speed up the process of going back home." Arlecchino says while giving Furina some slices of cakes she bought with her children.

"So, people has caught on. It would be best if we don't stay at the same place, yet close enough to see each other." Tighnari acknowledges with a deep look, staring at the floor with contempt.

"Split into groups. The Sumerans will go together, the Fontainians, Liyueans, Inazumans and Mondstadt's would be grouped. More people we know, more intel." Yanfei suggests, with a deep breath.

Venti glances at Zhongli, as if signalling for him to tell Nahida to gather the Archons on plain sight. Zhongli snaps out of his thoughts and looks at the Dendro Archon with a smile.

The young Dendro Archon smiles and calls for Raiden 'Shogun' to come with her for a moment.

"Venti, let's head out to buy beverages." Zhongli lies, excusing him and Venti pit of the meeting.

"Okay." The Bard gleefully grins, following the knowledgeable man out.

Childe and Xiao only keeps their silence, letting the Archons have their meeting peace.

"Lyney, do you have any Intel on when the enrollment of the Hero Academy starts?" Leonic asks her lover, making some reassurance in her backpack.

"Of course, the enrollment would start in a week from now on. We should be prepared for this and act casual." Lyney answers with a smile.

"Very well, the assigned group to join would be gathered here so you all can go together." Xianyun says, watching out for the youngsters.

"Thank you, Miss Xianyun." Leonic smiles.

Ganyu looks at her phone, confused of how it should work. "How does this work?" She asks curiously.

"This is a phone, a device used to communicate and learn about the affairs of this world." Xianyun answers with simplicity.

The half-qilin inspicts the device with a certain look. "There could be a possibility that we will get tracked." She voices out.

"Indeed." Shenhe says, agreeing with Ganyu. "Based on what I heard from the citizens, this device allows the government to track a person down."

"So it's also dangerous..." Wriothesly thinks, good with mechanics.

Furina narrows her eyes, thinking for a moment. "If they are able to track us down, isn't that considered stalking but for good purposes?" She asks with her usual tone.

"I cannot say I agree with you, Miss Furina. I can't say I don't either." Navia hums, agreeing with the Former Archon.

"It's only our opinion anyways. The government would do some of their power to instead of capturing actual criminals, waste it on corruption." Dehya says.

"Dehya has a point, corruption is common for everyone so being extra cautious is important." Candace enunciate her opinion with the mercenary.

This only reminder a certain Inazuman about the betrayal of the person who she considered a Father.

"Is everyone still discussing? Me and my boss bought some convenience store food for us." Shinobu asks, showing the bags her and Itto is carrying.

"We'll be right there." Barbara says softly.

Leonic only gives Shinobu a thumbs up and leaves the circle to go talk with Paimon about their temporary split up.

"Paimon, are you there?" Leonic asks, knocking on the door of the room where the kids are.

"Traveler." Paimon answers, opening the door for her.

"Can we talk for a moment? I know this will be sudden." Leonic informs, going to the bathroom so they can talk privately.

"What is it, Traveler? What did you wanted to talk about?" Paimon asks curiously.

"Well... We might not be going to be together for a for a while..." Leonic hesitates, not wanting to hurt the little one's feelings.

"What? No no, why? We've been together ever since we've met." Paimon says, wanting to cry for not being together with the Traveler.

"I'll visit you of course. I just need to do this so we can go back to Teyvat, I'm not gonna leave you all by yourself Paimon." Leonic reassures, opening her arms for Paimon.

Paimon sniffles and hugs the Traveler, doing her best not to cry. "Y-You promise Paimon?" The little child asks.

Leonic smiles, caressing the little ones hair. "Yes, Paimon. I won't leave you all by yourself." The Traveler answers.

"O-Okay... Paimon believes you..." The little child yawns, wanting respite from the sudden emotional talk.

The Traveler only smiles and carries her sleeping companion to their room, laying down on it.

'When I find my brother... I want to bring you with me to another world, Paimon.' Leonic thinks, hugging the little one to her chest and closes her eyes.

The two companions slept peacefully. Xianyun only smiles by the door, wanting to check up on them. After hearing what the Traveler did, she was giving her hand to assist her in any way she could.

The Adepti closes the door, making sure no one disturbs then. She walls over to the others, telling them about the news.