I Wanted It All

Content Warning: This chapter contains explicit sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Ethan

"Should we do something?" I asked, eyeing Jackson. The pieces finally fell into place about Kevin's odd behavior—shutting the store every Saturday, his newfound obsession with football.

Jackson ran a hand through his hair, something I'd noticed more frequently. I knew he had a bad temper, but he somehow managed to keep it under control. Well, if I could say that. "No. I don't think it's a good idea. It's not the first time I've seen them like this. He has been coming to the last few games. He even went to the one in California. I thought they were family or something."

"Definitely not family. Kevin is gay. And I'm pretty sure your teammate hates us for being gay."

After the rollercoaster of a day I'd had, my senses were heightened. I felt something was off. Despite Kevin being an oddball, I'd never seen him look so tormented.

Jackson sighed, his eyes drifting back to where Kevin and Praxton stood. "I can try to talk to Praxton when we get back to Pinebridge. And you can do the same with Kevin. Right now, what's happening between them is not our fight. Okay?"

As if on cue, Jackson's phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out and glanced at the screen. "The Uber is here," he announced.

"But—" I started, my heart sinking slightly at the thought of leaving.

Jackson looked at me, his eyes half-lidded. "Come on, we have other plans, right?"

Heat crept up my neck as I met his gaze. "Yes, we do."

***

We had barely made it into the hotel room when Jackson pressed me against the closed door. It was as if he couldn't hold back any longer. I knew athletes had high sex drives, but Jackson was something else entirely—a kissing demon. His hands roamed across my back, squeezing my ass, pulling me closer until our bodies were grinding together.

"Wait, wait," I managed to gasp out. "I need... to shower."

Jackson's breath was hot against my neck, his lips tracing a line up to my ear. He pulled back just enough to look into my eyes, his own dark with want. "A shower, huh?" he murmured, a playful edge in his voice. "Need company?"

I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up. "Maybe," I teased, though the idea was more appealing than I let on. "No. Give me a second alone."

"Alright, but don't take too long. I'm not sure I can wait much longer," Jackson warned, his tone half-serious.

With a single nod, I headed to the bathroom, taking a brief stop in the room. And yes, I know what you might be thinking. Even though I'm a virgin, it doesn't mean I never explored my own body. And I knew what I needed to do to prepare for whatever Jackson had in mind.

As I stepped under the spray, the warm water sluiced over me, washing away the sweat and tension of the day. My mind replayed the night—the game, Praxton and Kevin, the drive back—and then settled on Jackson. I was ready to do this, but I was still nervous.

Cleansed and refreshed, I turned off the water and quickly dried off. Slipping into my briefs and wrapping the hotel's plush white bathrobe around my body, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror—my hair tousled from the dampness—before taking a deep breath to steady my nerves and opening the bathroom door.

Jackson was there, waiting, seated casually in the accent chair at the end of the bed. The room was bathed in the soft glow of night lamps, casting dim light that added an allure to his relaxed pose. He had made himself more comfortable; his jacket was off, and his shoes and socks were discarded. His eyes lifted as I entered, scanning me from head to toe. He extended his hand toward me. I walked over, and as I reached him, he gently tugged, guiding me to sit astride him, my legs slipping to the side of his, positioning us face to face.