Chapter 1 Dawn Is Born

This Life Is Not My Own

By LadyDawn

Picture at Right is: James >>>>>

Chapter 1 Dawn is Born

She was born in the 50's back when times were difficult on her parent. Money was tight and pays were low. Mom stayed home and Dad worked 5 to 6 days a week as a police officer. Back then it was a very respectable job and he was very good at it what he did. The first born son, he was 5 when she was born, it was a difficult birth. Mom spent several days in the hospital trying to recover with her new boy so she thought and was so happy for her husband who wanted another boy. He never wanted any girls, never cared to have one, but he never gave much thought to what mom wanted.

Dawn's POV

Here I am world! Listen to me scream. “WAAAAAAAAA !” This must be my new Mom and Dad they seem to be a nice family, I think I am going to like living in this family.

Mom's POV

I have another boy, I am happy for my husband, (G) I wish I would have had a little girl to raise for me, he has his boy, but he wanted a another boy so bad I guess I can be happy for him. I do love him so much. Mom was thinking to herself.

Dad's POV

I am so happy I have two sons “YES” he shouts out. I will give this one my first name as his middle name and call him Daniel. I will tell my wife what to name him when I go see her at visiting time. Dad was thinking.

So she has no idea that she was born a boy and that Dad has named her James Daniel Jamerson. Life is about to get difficult on her and she has no idea what she is in for.

Day 2 Hospital

Dad is walking into mom's room and there is little James (Dawn) in mom's arms. A big smile comes onto his face as he sees his new little son. He dons the appropriate covering and mask and washes his hands and rushes over to her bedside to hold his little hand. “Oh he is so cute” Mom unwraps him to show dad what his new son looks like. Dad is so proud that a small tear is evident on his eyes. Wow dad never ever cries. Dad informs mom that he wants to name him “ We will name him James Daniel Jamerson” Though mom had another name in mind she won't go against dads request. In this day and age the man is always right the 50's are a difficult time to live in especially for a wife and woman.

Advance 5 years

Dawn's POV

God I want out of this body! What is going wrong with me? They named me James and I know deep down my real name is Dawn. I know never to say anything to my parents by the way I have seen dad hit my big brother when he is bad. I am scared of getting punished by dad the way my brother has been. I love to spend my time with my grandmother she treats me like her granddaughter more than like a grandson. Grans has taught me to sew by hand and on her old machine, cook my own breakfast, clean house, do the wash, and how to shop for groceries. When I am at her house I feel like I am myself. I hate this body I am stuck in.