chapter 16

- What in the name of Rex Lapis happened to you?! - shrieked Yanfei as she saw Baizhu and (Y/N) both covered in blood. 

- We're okay, don't worry. - said Baizhu and coughed out blood. Zhongli helped (Y/N) and Baizhu onto the couch. 

- You're not okay, you dumbass. - said Yanfei seriously. - Look at your state, for the love of the Archons!

(Y/N) sighed and leaned her head on Baizhu's shoulder, making his heart flutter. She closed her eyes.

- I'm tired, Yanfei. Can you spare the talk for tomorrow? - she said quietly.

- I agree with (Y/N)- said Baizhu. - I'm already healing with my powers.

Yanfei bit her lip but didn't retort. She turned her back on them and said:

- I don't think it's safe for you two to be alone. I'll stay for the night.

- Take the guest room. - said Baizhu and closed his eyes, groaning. - Turn the lights off, Yanfei, I'll sleep here. 

- (Y/N) are you...?

- I think she's staying there. - smirked Childe and took Zhongli's arm, dragging him out of the house. - Bye, see ya.

- Goodbye. - said Yanfei and turned the lights off. 

(Y/N) closed her eyes as well and let herself lean into Baizhu. She felt his arm wrap around her and squeeze her gently. 

- Good night, (Y/N).

- Goodnight, Baizhu. - she said.

She was thankful the lights were off, because she was feeling the blush creeping on to her face. The fact that Baizhu was drawing circles on her back did not help. 

Soon enough, she heard his soft snores and his hand stopped stroking her back. Her eyes were also starting to droop and in no time, she had fallen asleep in his arms.

...

-... way! You're joking!

- Hmm?

(Y/N) had woken up, but she didn't want to open her eyes just yet. She felt gentle fingers massaging her head and braiding through her hair. She felt legs under her head and just then realized.

"WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY HEAD ON BAIZHU'S LAP?!" she thought wildly as she opened her eyes. She was, indeed, laying on Baizhu's lap, but he didn't look like he minded in the slightest. 

Next to them was Yanxin, who looked aghast. But not because his sister was in a comfortable position with a guy.

- You're telling me, my father... OUR father... wanted to sell her?! - he said, shocked.

- Correct. - said Baizhu and rubbed his index at (Y/N)'s temple. - Oh? Are you awake?

He had noticed that she had her eyes open and her face was starting to heat up.

- Oh, my. - Baizhu chuckled. - I think you have a temperature rise, my dear (Y/N). 

- Shut up. - she said sheepishly and sat up.

Baizhu smiled and Yanxin sighed.

- And he also tried to kill you. 

- Mhm, yes. - Baizhu nodded.

Yanxin looked at him and then at (Y/N), then he sighed again. 

- I have to go, but please, you two, be careful, hm? - he said and patted (Y/N)'s head.

He left the house without further ado and the two of them were left alone. Again.

- (Y/N). 

- Hm? - (Y/N) looked towards Baizhu and saw he was patting his lap. She blushed and looked away. - Why?

- It's like a blanket, you're warm. - said Baizhu with a smile. - Come on. You'll get a free head massaaage~

(Y/N) looked at him and raised and eyebrow. Baizhu smiled even more broadly in an inviting way.

- Fine. But just because I want that head massage. - she said.

She laid back on the couch and put her head on his lap. She closed her eyes when Baizhu started rubbing her scalp, forehead and temple.

- May I braid your hair? - he asked after some time.

- You know how to braid? - she asked, surprised.

- Who do you think braids Qiqi's hair? - he asked in return.

- She, herself. - (Y/N) teased.

- Hm, no head massage for you. - he smiled and stopped stroking her head.

- Nooo! - she whined and chuckled.

The two of them stared at eachother, smiling like idiots for quite a while. 

- Am I interrupting something? 

Baizhu and (Y/N) looked at the doorway. There was Yanfei, smirking. (Y/N) quickly sat up, blushing like mad and Baizhu looked away, blush creeping onto his face too.

- Sorry for cutting your date short, but Zhongli and Hu Tao want to talk to you, (Y/N). They're at the door.

(A/N) What do you think about Yanxin? He's one of the first original characters I've done in a fanfic, to not say the first, so I would like opinions on him. (I have some drawings of my first ideas of him. If I find them I'll put them here)