26

Two weeks later Kara stood outside Lena's door with a single rose in her hand. She stood there in her dress blues and knocked on the door of the condo and waited. Lena opened up the door a moment later wearing a red dress. It was tight around her waist and showed off every curve. Lena was absolutely stunning. Her hair was down and curled around her face and neck, she had on a simple necklace and earrings and light makeup on her beautiful face. "You look absolutely stunning Lena!" Kara stated as she handed her the rose. "Thank you Kara! You look amazing in your uniform. And thank you for the rose, are you ready?" Lena asked. Kara nodded as Lena linked her arm with hers as they headed to the elevator.

Outside the building sat a limousine. "You rented a limo?" Lena asked surprised. "Yes. Alex, Sam and Eliza are in there too." Kara explained. They slid in sitting extra close to one another as they headed to the charity ball. "Did you prepare your speech Kara?" Alex asked. "Yea. It's a short one but it's ok." Kara replied. "You have to give a speech?" Lena asked. "Just a small one to let people know all the good things 'Wounded Warrior Project' does." Kara replied. "Oh ok." Lena replied. "I heard your whole infantry unit will be here tonight, are you excited to see them again?"Eliza asked. "Yea, it'll be good to see them again and introduce my new friends." Kara replied.

"And maybe your mystery woman will be here..." Alex added with a a wink. "Perhaps she will be." Kara replied. "If she is want me to punch her for ya?" Sam asked teasingly. "No Sam that won't be necessary." Kara replied. A few minutes later the limo came to a stop in a large parking lot. Kara got out first holding her arm out for Lena to take before they walked over to the tents. "Gunnery Sergeant Kara Danvers and date Lena Luthor." Kara stated. "Family of Kara Danvers!" Everyone else stated as they entered the tent.

"Did I hear correctly? Is our Gunnery Sergeant here?" Someone in the crowed yelled out. Kara looked around before seeing the familiar face of her friend. "It is I! How are you Staff Sergeant Rojas?" Kara asked as they shared a hug much to Lena's displeasure. "I'm alright. I heard Andrea gave you a rough time..." Ashely stated. "Yea..she kept asking me out on dates." Kara replied. Ashley's eyes looked to Lena and smiled. "And who is this gorgeous creature on your arm Gunny?" Ashley asked. "Ashley this is my friend and date for tonight Lena Luthor. Lee, this is Andrea's sister Ashely." Kara replied. The women shook hands before going back to their tables.

A few minutes later Kara was up at the podium making her speech when someone from her infantry unit yelled out. "Three cheers for our favorite Gunny!" A woman called out. "HIP HIP HORAY!" They cheered three times over. Kara got off stage and returned to her seat with a smile on her face. "They sure do love you don't they?" Lena asked. "Yea...I made an impression on them." Kara replied.

"Now for the moment you've all been waiting for please welcome to the stage Mr. George Straight!" The announcer called out as the man with the black hat appeared. "Thank you! I'm honored to be here for you all tonight. Let's get this ball started shall we?" George called out as the band began playing. "Wanna dance?" Kara asked looking at Lena. "Sure." Lena replied. The pair headed for the dance floor. Kara made sure that they were by a mirror so her plan could work out.

'Baby blue' was the first song that they played as Kara and Lena danced to it. "Well my mystery woman is here.." Kara whispered. "Where?" Lena asked quickly. "Oh she just went over there. She'll be back round again..."Kara replied. They danced one dance before the food arrived at their table. "Come on...there's gonna be several entertainers tonight. Which means more than enough time to dance." Kara added.

After the delicious meal was finished Kara, Lena and everyone else wandered to the dance floor. It didn't go unnoticed that Andrea had made an appearance at the charity ball. Ashley had warned Kara that she had come tonight, not that Kara minded she was too focused on confessing her feelings to Lena.

As the night went on George Straight had began playing 'I cross my heart'. "Look there she is...the mystery woman." Kara whispered as they swayed in front of the mirror again. "Where?" Lena asked looking around frantically. "Lee..right there behind you." Kara whispered. Lena turned around expecting to see some leggy woman with dark hair and blue eyes...but instead she saw herself in a mirror. That's when everything clicked into place for the CEO.

Lena slowly turned her head around and looked at Kara who was smiling at her. "You mean...all this time..." Lena whispered. "No...just for the past couple months. If you paid attention to your wall calendar I wrote something on it. But apparently you don't look at it much so my plan worked." Kara replied. "So for two months you have been going on about this mystery woman...and it was me all along?" Lena asked. "Yes." Kara replied. "Who else knew?" Lena replied. "Mom, and Alex. And Jess." Kara replied.

From the crowd behind them Andrea began making here way to the dancing duo. "Why not Sam?" Lena asked. "Sam can't keep a damn secret! Are you gonna stop asking questions now?" Kara asked. "Whats my other option?" Lena replied. Kara smiled before saying. "You could say something like 'why yes Kara I will be quiet for a moment so you can ask me be to be your girlfriend!' Well?" Kara asked. Lena didn't reply. Instead she put her arms around Kara's neck and pulled her into a kiss just as Andrea approached them.

When they pulled away for air Lena was smiling up at the blonde. "Yes Kara! I'd love to be your girlfriend!" Lena replied. "Well it all makes sense now!" The familiar voice of Andrea rang out. "Andrea? Nice to see you here supporting your sister." Kara replied her eyes still on Lena. "I see you finally decided who was a match for you Danvers." Andrea groaned as she walked off. "Let it go Lee." Kara replied. Lena relaxed in Kara's arms as they began to dance again.