Chapter Sixteen: Fists

Sasame's match was very similar to Gyra's in that an unfortunate soul was placed up against an incredibly strong opponent. Her match was the first to cause an intense uproar in the stands as she expertly traded sword blows with her opponent, quickly overwhelming her with a colossal wave of Lightning-form. The match was over within a couple of minutes, but it provided quite the spectacle. Kaya eventually left Tiomoyo in the stands alone, and her fight also produced a nice show, but to a lesser degree. Guy followed suit a couple of matches later, and soon after there was a time when not many of Tiomoyo's friends were involved in any fights. Niwiki, it turned out, only went into the contenders' box with Guy because he didn't want to be alone. His fight was still to be decided, but there were only three matches left.

Tiomoyo and Niwiki made their way down to the contenders' box and prepared to fight, checking to see that they had gotten everything they needed from the lockers.

"Imagine if they make me fight you..." Tiomoyo chuckled to himself as Niwiki paced back and forth, evidently nervous. Tiomoyo turned around and saw that Niwiki was looking across the box and the skies that were pouring light in. It was as if he was searching for something.

"Oh, uh, yeah... You would probably beat me, though."

"Something up?" Tiomoyo asked as he approached Niwiki.

"Just a bit nervous is all."

"No... Something else is wrong."

"I'm fine, I swear."

"C'mon, spill it." Tiomoyo playfully jabbed Niwiki in the side. "What's got you so worked up for?"

"Ms. Akimicha... She isn't here yet."

Tiomoyo's eyes widened. "Damn, you're right..."

"If she doesn't show up, she would forfeit the match."

As if he summoned her, a blazing white trail exploded from the sky as a figure with emerald green hair dived through the entrance of the contenders' box. The entire crowd went into an uproar as they saw Kiki Akimicha speed through the arena as two students engaged in a fairy underwhelming fight underneath her. She appeared next to Tiomoyo and Niwiki and patted them both on the back, startling them.

"Well, we meet again! I never properly got to catch up with you guys after the exercise. Especially you..." Kiki turned her pink-lipped smile to Niwiki. "Mr. Iseka. I wonder if they'll have us fight!"

Kiki's upbeat attitude dispelled the current dark attitude that matched the dim contenders' box. "After all, there's only... Amy, you, Tiomoyo, and two others, along with me. Not too many to choose from."

"Y-yeah." Niwiki trembled.

"What's wrong?" Kiki's voice instantly lowered as she sensed the concern coming from her former teammates using her Akimicha gifts. Niwiki froze up.

"He's just a bit nervous, is all." Tiomoyo smiled and held out his fist. "It's good to see you again, captain."

"Agreed!" Kiki connected fists with her former vice-captain. Tiomoyo felt a wave of energy pass through him as the mere act of a fist bump from the powerhouse ahead of him transferred a small amount of excess from her to him. She had so much power running through her veins that it was literally palpable.

"Are you two finished?" a feminine voice from behind the three demanded. Everyone turned to see Amy Nakata standing, irritated. "You're blocking my view, Air Dryer."

Tiomoyo clenched his fist and looked to the floor. He was secretly praying that she was his opponent so he could legally repay her behavior. Kiki noticed this and tried to step ahead of Tiomoyo to say something in his defense, but Tiomoyo held out a hand to stop her. Amy was confused.