|17|

“I can't believe we are stuck here again. We are probably dead for Korea now. They might be arranging our funeral.”

Taehyung bounced his legs in frustration as he sat on a coat made of bamboo sticks. It's been a few hours since the unfortunate happening and everyone was already devastated.

“Atleast we are alive and breathing. We have people who are willing to help us. We have food and a roof over our heads. Be grateful at least.”

Jungkook was keeping his calm even though Taehyung have been quiet talkative since they discovered their broken hope. But there was a limit, and Jungkook was seeing the zenith of his patience. He knew there was no use in yelling or complaining. This is their fate. And they have to accept it.

“Yes, you might feel grateful since your new love interest live here. It's not the same for us Jungkook. We have a life outside this shitty god damned forest.” Jungkook was ready to charge at his bestfriend but Hwasa intervened before they could meet.

“This is not the time to fight both of you. And Taehyung don't be insensitive. He is as much as worried just like us. You are not the only one. At least they are helping.” Hwasa yelled shutting Taehyung in the process.

Jieun didn't utter a word. Her thoughts going towards her husband and child back at home. Her eyes watered at the thought of them mourning for her. Was Taehyung right about them planning their funeral? It wasn't far from possibility. There was no trail left behind to search for them. They might even stop after a few weeks of fruitless search.

A knock was heard on their door which broke the glaring contest between Taehyung and Jungkook. As soon as the wooden door of the hut was opened, the sweet smell of peaches with a hint of some unpleasant scent entered Taehyung's nostrils.

There stood the pale looking petite Omega with a clay pot in his hand. He was accompanied by an unknown Omega holding a pitcher of water.

“These are some yam and water.” Yoongi said having a glare on his face. Especially directed towards the male who was looking at him mesmerised and puzzled at the same time.

“Feel grateful that my Appa let you stay here instead of wandering inside the forest. We usually hunt down people like you. If you so much want to leave this god damned forest, feel free to walk out. Let me see how you get out of here human.” With that, the sassy male was out taking away the sour smell of peaches. And Taehyung missed that smell already. He was confused about the odd smell whenever he was near the small Omega. Does they use any special scents here? He believed it was the natural scents they used. Taehyung brushed that thought away as he looked at the freshly baked still steaming yams. Their stomachs rumbled with the aroma.

Taehyun was the first one to dive in the pot. He was keeping his mouth shut while Jungkook and Taehyung argued. He doesn't want to get yelled at anyways.

.
.

.

The night at the merenda pack was beautiful. Especially the natives here made it lovely and wholesome. Jungkook found them really interesting. Every night they sits around a bonfire, talks about their history, their brave stories and sing and dance together. It felt good to be a part of them. To know them deeply. And in the meantime Jimin and Jungkook became closer than ever. They were two magnets. Heavily attracted and in love.

Jimins mornings were filled with Jungkook's presence. He would wait for him by the Omega river. While Jihoon became a guard for them, the older would steal a few kisses from the Omega. They would talk for a few minutes being in each other's embrace. Those few minutes were what Jimin always looked forward to.