Chapter Two: A Talk with Pop

Y/N's POV

I awoke the next morning after the sun hit my eyelids, finding out that it was nine in the morning when checking the alarm clock. I was still a little tired, despite that I have slept at the right time last night. It's probably because of how much fun I had yesterday. I noticed a lump under my blanket, revealing to be my dog laying down and sleeping next to me, who woke up and saw me.

Y/N: Good morning, bud.

Charles slowly walked up to me and licked my face, causing me to smile.

Y/N: Okay, okay, it's time to get up.

I got up from my bed and put my feet on the carpet, which the dog jumped off once I was out of the bed. After I stretched out my arms and legs, I walked towards the bedroom door and opened it, releasing Charles. He ran down the stairs while I went to the bathroom to get myself ready. When I was done brushing my teeth, I made my way downstairs to go to the living room, seeing the bulldog near the door that led to the backyard.

Y/N: Go ahead and do your thing.

I slid the door open and let Charles outside, where he starts wandering around on the grass. I stared at the open space in the backyard.

 I stared at the open space in the backyard

Y/N: (Another nice day today.)

I then heard my dad's voice calling for me.

Dante: Morning, son.

I turned around to see my dad looking at me while holding a plate of chocolate pancakes in his hands.

Y/N: Morning, dad. You made breakfast already?

Dante: I have, and I've been waiting for you to wake up, especially Charles.

I heard a thud on the glass door, seeing Charles putting his paws on the glass, waiting to be let in.

Y/N: Alright, come inside.

As I was about to slide the door open, the bulldog immediately puts his paws on the ground. He walked inside and ran towards dad, jumping on the couch that was near him. My dad carefully moves the plate of chocolate pancakes away from the dog when I was closing the door.