16 Chris

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I'm skating aggressively, slamming into the other team's players with no remorse. I'm guiding the puck with my hockey stick, ignoring my own team as they shout for me to pass. I approach the goalie and skate around it, hitting the puck hard, watching it slide past his knees and hit the net behind him.

Buzzers go off and the crowd goes wild, cheering over the last goal of the night. I just scored the winning goal, my teammates surround me while screaming. I didn't have it in me to celebrate with them, I was pissed off at the world, all because of a fucking girl.

Estella fucking Sinclair.

Ever since she disappeared from my life, nothing has gone right. Nick is currently pissed at me for god knows what, Grace and I are on the outs because I couldn't get hard the last time we hooked up, my grades are slacking, the list is endless.

"Chris?" Nate calls after me, as I had pushed through the team to get off the ice. I glance through our student section, still not finding Stella. I'm sure she wouldn't come, but you couldn't blame a guy for hoping. I ignore Nate as I step off the ice, and make my way towards the locker rooms. I take off my skates and carry them by my side as I walk.

Just as I walk into the locker room, I'm shoved from behind, "What the actual fuck?" I immediately speak, turning to face whoever pushed me. Matt was standing behind me, who looked incredibly pissed off.

"The fuck man?" I ask, shaking my head. I turn around to make my way to my locker, hearing Matt's angry footsteps trailing behind me.

"So what? You're too good to celebrate with the team now?" He spits out as I take a seat on the bench between the two rows of lockers.

I let out a loud sigh, knowing it would piss him off, "Don't put words in my mouth. You know that's not how I feel." I reply, making Matt scoff.

"I don't know anymore. You've changed, and for what?" He prods, making my own glare return to my face.

"Can't a guy have a bad week? For fucks sake!" I whine, ruffling through my locker so I could pack up and go home.

"Is this whole thing with you because of Stella?" I swear I can see red once her name is brought up. I whip around to face Matt, "You shut the fuck up."

His eyebrows raise in surprise, a sly smirk forming on his lips, "Oh so it is? Mr. I don't do relationships is hung up over a girl." He teases me, and I react before I can think. My closed fist meets Matt's jaw, and we're both left shocked.

I had never hit Matt before, not seriously at least.

Matt took a deep breath, trying his best to control his anger. He shakes his head as he lifts his eyes to meet mine, "I'm not going to fight you, Chris. This isn't worth it." With that, Matt turns on his heel and leaves. I'm truly stunned by what just happened, and I can already feel the guilt eating me alive.

"Fuck!" I scream, slamming my locker closed. I needed a fucking drink. I quickly make my way back to the frat house, drop off my bag, and head to the closest party I could find.

As I walk inside, the room is buzzing with energy, which is something I need. I go towards the kitchen but I see Stella, she's laughing, her long brown hair thrown over her shoulder. She leans to the side, meeting Lucas halfway as their lips connect. My heart hangs low, a sadness washing over me.