Theres A Lot To Explain

Macy's POV:
I just sat against the door for another hour with a blank look on my face.

I was so surprised and confused that I almost had to remind myself to breathe.

I got up and opened the dresser. I saw a long white nightgown with floral stitches on it and I put it on.

I got in the bed and lied down, I just stared at the walls for a moment and slowly blinked until I fell asleep.
~~~
I woke up to the sound of Marie and Clay talking in the kitchen.

I got up and rubbed my eyes. Still trying to grasp what happened yesterday.

I walked over to the closet and saw a pair of jeans and I put them on.

I used my hands to reach in the back of the closet and grabbed a loose beige and white striped shirt.

I kneeled down and grabbed some regular white tennis shoes and put them on.

I wasn't used to such comfortable clothing, I also wasn't used to having more than two outfits and a pair of ripping boots.

I creaked open my door and peeked out to see Clay at the table just stirring his cereal with his head resting on his hand.

I slowly walked out and sat at the table, I crossed my arms across my chest, nervous to hear what he would say to me.

He looked up at me and gave a slight smile.

"Morning la mignonne" he said while pushing a small bowl of cereal to me. (Cutie)

I turned my head away from it and pushed it back to him.

"Please don't be upset dear" Marie said as she placed a bowl of fresh berries on the table and smiled.

"I'm not upset" I sighed, "just a little.. shocked" I said while looking back at Clay.

"Well there's still a lot more to tell you" he said looking at me with a smirk starting across his face.

"Like what" I slightly groaned and closed my eyes.

"Well for one, I'm also a mafia boss" he said, waiting for me to open my eyes.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"Are you gonna kill me?" I said, fidgeting with my hair and looking away.

Marie paused and turned around to face us.

"Well, I was going to, but I changed my mind" he said, kinda surprised I had the courage to even ask that.

"Why" I said while looking back at him with a strong look in my eyes.

He slightly smirked and simply said, "Because I need you for something"

I raised my eyebrows and stopped playing with my hair.

"For what" I said, with a shaky tone in my voice.

He got up and brought his bowl to Marie to clean and walked to the couch without giving me an answer.

"I asked you a question Clay" I said, now more curious because he seemed hesitant.

"Come here" he said as he looked at me and patted the couch for me to sit down.

I hesitated and then stood up and sat a little far from him so he wouldn't hurt me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you Macy" he said as he gestured for me to come closer.

I stayed in my place and he sighed.

"Are you scared of me?" He said as he tilted his head and lowered his eyebrows.

"A little" I said as I looked down at the floor.

"Why" he said as he put his hand on my chin and lifted it up to look at him.

I swallowed and said, "it's nothing personal... I'm just scared of most people"

"Why, what happened" he said as he gently took his hand off my chin.

"I lived in a pretty abusive home before I ran away yesterday and you took me here" I said, fidgeting with my hair again.

"You lived with your aunt and uncle, right?" He said as he leaned in and looked deeply into my eyes.

"Yes, but how did you know?" I said.

"When your parents went missing, almost every mafia found out immediately, it was an educated guess"
He said smirking a little to lift the mood.

"Oh" was all I could manage to say before I looked away and leaned against the edge of the couch.

Clay's POV:
I just wish she would get more comfortable around me. Because she's not leaving anytime soon.

I got up and walked over to Marie and whispered in her ear, "take her to her room and talk to her, she needs to get more comfortable around us"

She nodded in agreement and walked over to Macy.

I watched as they walked into Macy's room and shut the door.

Macy's POV:
Marie asked to talk with me and brought me into my room.

"What did you want to talk to me about" I said while sitting on the bed.

"He won't hurt you Macy" she said while holding her hands together and walking towards me.

I looked away and leaned back on the bed frame.

She sat down on the bed with me and smiled.

"Macy, I know this seems weird but, it will all make sense if you just open up to us" she said while turning away a bit and fading her smile.

"We aren't bad people" she said as she opened the door and left.

I crossed my arms and scooted my legs up to my chest.

Clay's POV:
"How'd it go" I asked Marie as she walked out of Macy's room.

"She hardly said anything to me" she said as she walked into the kitchen and started cleaning.

I sighed and walked into Macy's room.

She looked up at me with her beautiful grey eyes and light brown hair flowing down her shoulders.

"Macy" I said while shutting the door behind me and walking over to her bed.

She stayed silent and looked down at her bed sheets.

I sighed and came closer to her, I pinned my hand to her bed frame near her shoulder.

She looked back up at me with slight shock and I blushed a bit.

"Please trust me" I silently groaned and looked into her eyes.

She raised her eyebrows slightly and blinked slowly.

———————————————————
Well that was unexpected 😅

Why did he do that? 🤔

Don't forget to vote and comment 🫶🏻