Too Much to Handle

Macy's POV:
I turned to my side and just scanned my room, it was only 9 in the morning and I already found a way to screw up my day.

I finally sat up and crossed my arms, sighing. I want to leave this room, so I'm going to.

I slowly got up from my bed and limped to my door, I creaked it open just enough to see the dining table, Clay was out of sight.

Perfect, I just have to leave now. I slowly creaked my door all the way open and limped my way out of my room and down the hall.

I reached the dining room and turned to walk to the front door when I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and pull me back.

I knew it was Clay, "Escaping already I see?" He said, grabbing my hands and pinning them behind me.

"...no" I said as I tried to loosen from his grasp but I couldn't. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back to my bed.

"Next time have a better escape plan" he said sarcastically and walked out of the room. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Ughhh" I groaned as I grabbed my pillow and smooshed it over my face.

Clay's POV:
I can't believe she snooped in my office, what was so important that she had to break my trust to find?

Nevermind, I will just have to keep hiding things from her until I can fully trust her, and I thought we were actually becoming friends.

I sighed and went out the front door, I wanted to just take a drive and get my mind off things.

While I was driving I noticed a car with very dark tinted windows following me, I tried to figure out who it was through my rearview mirror but I couldn't tell.

I brushed it off and kept driving, the car followed my every move though, I started to get a bad feeling when I noticed more cars identical to it were driving up to me.

There was now a suspicious car on both sides of me and behind me too, I tried to speed up a little but they were doing the same.

I knew that this wasn't going to end well and I prepared for a possible attack, and I was right.

The two cars on my sides slammed into my car, causing it to stop, I didn't think twice before I forced my bloody and bruised body to climb out of the sunroof on top of the car.

I started running down the road and turning back occasionally to see the last car following close behind me.

It eventually caught up to me but I switched myself to a different lane and stopped, I started running the opposite way.

The car finally realized I had changed my position and turned around to follow me now, I didn't know what to do and my heart was pounding.

Then I saw a forest trail and darted straight toward it, the car missed my sudden action and lost view of me.

I ran as fast as I could until I couldn't see the car anymore and sat down against a tree stump to catch my breath.

I collected myself and started running home, I didn't know this forest well so I was running for a while, it took me a whole hour to get home.

When I got home I saw Macy and Marie pacing around in the dining room, then they saw me and Macy ran straight to me.

She was limping but that didn't stop her, she slammed into my body and hugged me tightly, "where were you" she said crying.

"I went for a drive and something unexpected happened, I'm okay thought, don't worry" I said, wrapping my arms back around her.

We finished hugging and I helped Macy back to her room, I walked out of her room and met eyes with Marie.

"You scared her today, actually, both of us" she said as she crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, can I explain what happened?" I said, walking over to the table and sitting down.

She just nodded and sat at the table with me, "I was driving and three cars pulled up around me, two of them crashed into me and one followed me until I lost it while running into the woods, then I ran all the way home" I said quickly, which caused me to lose my breath.

She widened her eyes and just sat for a minute, listening to her thoughts. "Well that's... a lot" she said as she stood up and pushed in her chair.

"Well goodnight sir" she said as she walked into her room and shut the door.

I sighed and rested my head on my hand as I played with a pen in my other hand.

I was too focused on what happened earlier that I didn't want to sleep, but eventually I fell asleep at the table.
~~~
I woke up to see Macy on the other side of the table eating breakfast and staring at me. "Did you sleep last night?" She asked.

"Not much" I said as I sat up and cracked my back and stretched my arms, Macy silently giggled at me and kept eating.

"I decided to revoke your punishment Macy" I said as I smirked and watched her look up at me and smile. "Really?" She said, biting her lip from excitement and getting up out of her chair as I nodded.

"Thank you" she said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me, "but I still think you should stay off that leg" I said, pointing at her bandaged leg.

She slightly frowned but nodded in agreement. "So what can I do today?" She asked in a bored voice while tapping the table with her finger.

"Nothing really" I said while shrugging and standing up. As soon as I stood up I felt a sharp pain in my side.

I collapsed on the ground and Macy immediately dropped to her knees to check on me, Marie also ran over with the first aid kit and tried to check what was wrong.

They slowly turned me over and saw blood covering the side of my shirt and dripping down onto the floor. I groaned  and it seemed they had figured out what was wrong.

Macy clasped her hand over her mouth and stared at the blood-filled area, she got up, limping, and ran to the phone. She was calling the ER it seemed.

Is nobody going to tell me what happened?

I looked up at Macy and she was shaking a bit from shock, my surroundings were getting a little blurry because of my blood loss.

Marie was trying to soak up as much blood as she could before I passed out.

Macy's POV:
"He passed out Macy!" Marie said as I finished my call to the doctor. "The ambulance is 5 minutes away" I said as I limped back over to Clay.

Then I went to the kitchen and grabbed a small towel and wetted it with cold water, I placed it on Clays forehead and wished with all my might that he wakes up.

From what we know, when Clays car got crashed into, a large price of glass pierced his side and he didn't notice up until now.

Now that I think about it, when I went to hug him last night, he had something sharp sticking through his shirt but I couldn't tell what.

Guess I know now. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized the ambulance was here, I opened the door for them and limped all the way to Clay.

They put him on a stretcher and I held his hand until they put him in the ambulance and Marie stayed back with me.

"We'll go see him when they call and tell us how he is" she said as she pulled me into the house, "rest now" she said as she left me on my bed.

I fell back onto my bed and waited, waited, waited. I groaned and smooshed my pillowed over my head.

Is Clay going to be okay?

I sighed and through the pillow off my bed, and I just waited again, looking up at my ceiling and daydreaming.

———————————————————
Oh no! Is Clay gonna be okay? 🫣

Who were those men following him and what do they want? 🤨

Don't forget to vote and comment 🫶🏻