Did I Say That Out Loud?

Macy's POV:
"I-I um.." I said, stuttering uncontrollably.

He looked up at me and smirked a bit, "please lapine, I won't do anything, I swear." He said, holding out his pinky to pinky swear with me.

Is he drunk?

High?

We didn't even give him any medicine?

Just tired??

I don't know but whatever it is I'm honestly confused, why does he want me to stay with him?

I gently placed my hand over his and sat on the bed next to him. "Why do you want me to stay?" I asked.

"I don't want to be alone" he said, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

Dang it how do I say no to that.

I looked down sighing and looked back up at him slowly, "fiiiine" I groaned.

He smirked and patted next to him. I lied down and pulled the covers over me, they were still a little bloody.

He turned over to face me and smiled, "thanks lapine" he said, cupping my face with his hand.

I started blushing uncontrollably and he looked entertained, "so do you trust me yet?" He asked.

"I don't know. It's like you're always trying to fight someone or something" I said, looking him straight into his eyes.

He tilted his head and bit his lip, "but I always win" he said smirking.

It's true, but why should I trust him yet? He basically kidnapped me.

I looked down and pursed my lips, he tilted my head up to look at him and moved a bit closer, "I told you I would protect you" he said.

His voice was a bit scratchy and low, but I liked it. It's like his voice was pulling me in and I leaned in too.

He blushed and I snapped back to reality, I pulled away and took his hands off my face, he looked disappointed.

I turned away and curled up with the blanket, and fell asleep.

Clay's POV:
I was so close... why did she pull away? Does my breath smell bad? No. Then what?

I was about to tap her shoulder when I stopped and sighed. I turned away as well and tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't.

D*mnit why do I need to feel her touch again. her hands feel so nice on my face and I love when she strokes her hands through my hair.

It's almost like... I feel something for her.

Forget it. It's never going to happen anyway. I sighed and closed my eyes, and I eventually fell asleep.
~~~
"Ughh" I groaned as I woke up and lifted my head. My injuries hurt even more now and I could barely move without pain.

I turned slowly to where Macy was lying down last night but she was gone. "Macy?" I loudly groaned.

I heard my door open and I lifted my head up to look at who came in, wincing from the pain.

It was Macy, "good morning" she said as she walked over to me and sat on the bed.

I just groaned back at her and tears started forming in my eyes, she could see this and put a concerned look on her face.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, tilting her head and placing her hand on mine.

"My scars... hurt a lot" I said, even talking made me hurt. "I'm sure once you have a bath you'll feel better" she said, stroking my hand for my comfort.