─ chapter seventeen ; on edge

***

***

SOLARIS
March 23rd, 2024
Charleston, SC

With my lessons concluded for today, I decided on a well earned break.
Jeongsan decided on four hours of studying a day with a two days break on the weekends, after quizzing me on how much I knew of a myriad of subjects.

A happy grin tipped up the corners of my lips when I remembered how impressed my new friend was with my extensive knowledge that I learned from the magazines I had studied over the years.

I didn't need much help in history — or reading, but I struggled a bit with math and the basics of science.

I stretched my tired body out, a tiny grunt leaving my lips and decided to go outside to sit with the pretty flowers in Mister Jeon's front yard.

Speaking of Mister Jeon, I decided against hunting him down to tell him where I was going when I realized he was more than likely locked inside his office working. He had been working tirelessly all day while I was in my lessons.

I reckoned he was dealing with something really important since he was really on edge this morning when he woke me up.

A little yawn left my lips when I closed the door silently behind me and skipped down to the bright green fluffy bushes and the poppy and peony flowers surrounding the big circle in the middle of the yard.

I plopped down on my butt, unconcerned about my clothes in favor of fawning and sniffing the pretty delicate flowers.

It was beginning to get dark, around six o'clock, so I wouldn't get much time to watch the flowers sway in sync with the breeze for too long.

As I was lost in my own little world, worry for Mister Jeon was still weighing heavily on my mind.
I prayed that the good lord above would help ease his worries and let Mister Jeon be happy.

Maybe I could cheer him up later! With cuddles! Mister Jeon always loved my cuddles, right!?

His cuddles always made me feel better. So maybe my cuddles will make him feel better! I hoped!

Time was lost to me as I was lost within my thoughts and in the flowers. Distantly, I could hear feet pounding inside the house and the shouting of my name. It just didn't register within my mind. Until I heard someone throw open the door and stalk outside.

"Oh!" A squeak of surprise startled me, being picked up off the ground less than a millisecond later, I sniffed and Mister Jeon's scent entered my nose.

The back of my neck was grabbed firmly, my face being pulled up to meet Mister Jeon's frantic, worried eyes.

"Hi, Mister Jeon! What's wrong?" I asked cluelessly, returning his harsh hug. I could feel his hands give a slight shake when they ghosted over my head, smoothing my wayward strands.

"...thank god," he muttered underneath his breath before sticking me with a stern hard stare, "you can't just run off like that, baby...fuck...I though something happened to you." He pressed smooches against my face once I was once again safe and protected within his arms.

A frown pulled down my lips. I made him upset? I was guilty and sad.

"I'm sorry, sir. I didn't mean to," my lips pouted out sadly, "I thought you were busy and I didn't wanna bother you." I tucked my face into his neck and sighed. I'm so sorry.

Mister Jeon relieved my fears and sadness with a firm shake of his head, "You will never bother me, baby. Just let me know, yeah?" He grasped the back of my neck with his huge tattooed hand and rested his forehead against mine. "I'm not angry with you, I promise." His nose slid up and down against mine to ease my mind. His voice was strong and firm, giving me no room to argue.

"Okay." I nodded against him and smiled happily up at the man holding me, in total awe of his beautiful personality and god-like beauty.

His eyes gleamed happily when they stared into mine and his lips pulled up into a gentle smile. "Good, would you like to eat now, baby? Then we'll go to bed, yeah?"

I nodded frantically, hearing my tummy rumble. An embarrassed giggle left my lips at the amused look he shot me when he began to carry me to the front door.

"I'm hungry," I expressed, "can you tell me more about the place we're going to soon, sir? I reckon it'll be logical for me to learn more about the country."

***

SOLARIS
March 23rd, 2024
Charleston, SC

During dinner, I was seated close to Mister Jeon as he explained all the things I could do in Korea — the places I could visit, all the delicious foods I could try, and he told me all about his penthouse. Where I will be staying with him.

He told me it was really high up and seemed to be very modern and made of glass. Glass! I couldn't believe all the amazing things I could get to experience.

After dinner, Mister Jeon let me change into my nightie while he changed into his own sleeping clothes. Which was only a pair of sweatpants — showcasing his god-like body before my innocent eyes.

It was hard to keep my eyes away from his chest, and big bulging arms packed with powerful muscles and tattoos. It was extremely hard not to flush bright red whilst he was studying me behind his black square framed glasses.

My mission became earlier when Mister Jeon gathered me on his thighs and brushed through my hair.

I mumbled happily when I sat on his lap, while he sat on the couch, and stroked my hair with a brush, never ceasing his comforting hums. Nearly putting me into a calm sleep; void of any and all nightmares.

When Mister Jeon was near, those things never happened.

"So pretty, baby." He mumbled against my jaw, placing a kiss there. Mister Jeon set the brush aside and turned me around to straddle his thighs.

I smiled, very shyly, and hid my face into his neck with a mumbled thank you.

Underneath my head, his robust chest rumbled with a chuckle. I leaned up and peered up into his eyes, attention momentarily taken by his pretty pillow like lips.

Mister Jeon sighed out slowly and licked at the hoops within his bottom lip and unknowingly to me; stared at mine in return.

Jerking slightly, Mister Jeon cleared his throat and pointedly looked away from my face in favor of staring around the room with a clenched jaw. "Ready for bed?"

Blinking owlishly, I nodded slowly, wondering what just happened, and clambered off his lap to skip ahead of him to his bedroom.

Oddly enough, as I laid snuggled against Mister Jeon, it took me a while to fall asleep. With Mister Jeon sleeping soundly wrapped around my body, I peered around the darkness, my heart sinking.

I had a feeling something as going to happen. Really soon. I just couldn't tell if it was good or bad yet.

author's note ;

y'all I can't tell you how freaking excited I am for act THREE  of nepenthe and SEASON THREE of Bridgerton! Ahhhhh — I'm gonna be binge watching the whole first part all night probably lmfaooo
Thanks for reading! ✨