Chapter 6 - Goddess of the Moon

Goddess of the Moon

I ended up letting him go.

Iniwan ko siyang hinahabol ang hininga.

If it wasn't because the Heavenly Court summoned us, hindi ako aalis. Especially when I had my grip around him.

I teleported back to Vishnu and he gave me a cold look, "Let's go."

A few seconds passed and we reached the Heavenly Gate. Dumeretso kami sa Heavenly Court.

Doon ay sinalubong kami ni Master Valor.

"What needed us here, Master?" tanong ko.

I had my attention diverted when my father entered the court, "You won't be going back to the Vampire Realm, Iliana."

What?

Nagulat ako, "Why? Didn't you say I'm the most suitable one for this? I haven't completed the mission yet."

Tiningnan niya ako, "I can still let Vishnu lead the mission, but you'll be staying here."

Suddenly?

"What happened really, pa?" lumapit ako sa kaniya, "Why are you suddenly taking me back? You were forcing me last time about this."

"I will demote your position," tumalikod siya sa akin, "You will be the new Moon Goddess."

This can't be.

"The enthronement will happen the day after tomorrow. By then, you can't leave the Heavenly Palace."

"But no one can decide for it beforehand. Not even you," tiningnan ko siya, "I know the Moon doesn't want me, why would I?"

Ibinalik niya ang tingin sa akin, "The moon needs someone right now. You're the closest to the late Moon Goddess, Iliana. The moon might want you."

Might.

"I don't want to be the Moon Goddess."

I still haven't settled things with Magnus. Hindi ko pa nalalaman kung bakit niya kilala si mom. I still haven't gotten the crest.

He might be the only hope to know what really happened.

I can't stay here.

I'll go back.

"It's not for you to decide," he tried to be calm.

"It's not also yours," sagot ko.

He clenched his fist, pinipigilang masigawan ako, "If the moon doesn't want to choose its guardian then I will."

"You don't have the rights," tinitigan ko siya, "You can't just replace my mom!" nagulat ako, "I'm sorry," I bowed to him.

I casted my teleportation spell and went back to my room.

I don't understand.

I don't always understand.

Umupo ako sa bed.

"You're really in trouble, Iliana. Sigawan mo ba naman kasi 'yung tatay mo," biglang lumitaw si Vishnu sa harap ko.

Napairap ako, "What happened?"

Umiling siya, "I'm also not that clear. All I know is that the moon acts abnormal recently. They suspect that it's because it doesn't have its guardian," umupo siya sa tabi ko.