Chapter 14 - Nyx Hermes

Nyx Hermes

A few minutes have passed and my sister came to save me.

Bago kami umalis ay narinig kong ibinulong ni Magnus na huwag daw akong mag-alala.

I know he's powerful. But he's in the Immortal Realm, he's powerless here.

"Aren't you angry at him after knowing the truth?" tanong ni ate Yrine pagkaupo niya sa chair table ng kwarto ko.

"I...am," umupo ako sa katabing upuan no'n.

Am I?

"Then why did you visit him? You even gave him blood to drink," napatingin ako sa kaniya, "Akala mo hindi ko nakita? I saw a dead chicken there, dugo lang nawala," tumingin siya sa akin.

Umiwas ako ng tingin.

"Let alone there are no animals here ha, you even had to go trouble Vishnu to get one from the Mortals," binigyan niya ako ng nakakaasar na ngiti.

Hindi ako sumagot.

"I'm angry at him, ate..." paglalaban ko.

She scoffed, "Your mind says you should be angry at him, but your heart can't bear seeing him miserable. That's how you feel, Iliana."

Baka, siguro nga...

"But mom died because of him," mahinang sabi ko.

"She did not die because of Magnus, she only got demoted. She died because she was a mortal, Magnus didn't have anything to do with that," tiningnan niya ako.

Napaiwas ako ng tingin.

She has a point.

"Pero dahilan pa rin siya kung bakit naging mortal si mom, and why she died," sagot ko.

Bumuntong hininga siya, "You know what, I can't do anything about that na. You can feel whatever you want to feel, think whatever you want to think," tumayo siya, "But still, you won't convince yourself that Magnus killed your mom. I know you know that deep inside of you," hinawakan niya ang kanang balikat ko, "Kaya nga may pakialam ka pa rin sa kaniya. And I know if you had the power, you'd even free him," bahagya siyang natawa.

Inirapan ko siya, "Umalis ka na nga, aren't you too free as the Crowned Princess?" tinulak ko ang likod niya papunta sa pintuan at sinara iyon.

She laughed at me outside and left.

Tsk.

Hindi pa ako nakakabalik sa bed ko ay may kumatok na naman sa pintuan, "Wait!"

Pagbukas ko ay sumalubong si Nyx. He had brown golden hair and black eyes. Ang suot ay white dress with golden threads. He's even wearing a small crown.

"Do you need anything?" tanong ko agad.

Tumunghay siya at hinarap ako, "N-No, I just want to uh, talk to you and get to...know you more."

I raised a brow, "Why?"

Is he also favored in this marriage thing?

He also looked clueless, "Because...we're supposed to spend time together? The...Heavenly God said."

I sighed, "Don't worry, you don't have to follow him. We won't get married, just leave this to me," tinapik ko ang balikat niya.

"But-" hindi ko na iyon napakinggan at sinara na ang pinto.

I was about to reach my bed nang may bigla na namang kumatok, hindi na ako lumapit doon, "What now? Just come in!" saka ako dumeretsong umupo sa bed.