୨ chapter nineteen ୧

He's going to kiss me

He's going to kiss me. He's going to fucking kiss me. I think to myself.

Okay, maybe he's just staring, he could be simply staring.

No, that's be weir-

"ELENA!" I hear a tiny human shout approaching me.

Theo almost jumps when he hears his little sister's voice coming from behind him.

Back at home, with him gone, Starlie was feeling very lonely. Used to having her brother with her all the time, it was hard for her to live as an only child, especially being 5 years old.

For that reason, Athena once asked me if I wouldn't mind watching with her for a little bit because she had to work and couldn't find anyone else to take care of her daughter. She also thought I could maybe fill the void her son had left when he came to pursue his dream.

For the past three years, I grew very fond of the little girl standing in front of me. We played a lot, laughed a lot, everything. I knew she saw me as a big sister and I saw her as the one I'd never had.

Seeing her right now, I can't even imagine how hard it must have been for her when I left her too. I feel so bad.

"Star! Oh my god, you look so pretty. You seriously look like a princess" I say before jumping off the counter and pulling her to my arms. "How have you been?"

"Just missing you and Theo! Life is very boring without anyone to play, you know? But I have friends now so it's not as bad." she tells me.

When I was still living at home, Starlie was struggling to find friends so hearing her say this warms my heart.

"I'm gonna want to learn everything about those friends of yours whenever you want to talk to me."

"I can't wait to tell you everything but, what are you doing here at my brother's house?"

What am I supposed to say to her? I don't know, is it weird if I say we're friends? Because that's what we are, right?

"Oh, Elena just came to ask me for a favor, Star. She needs someone to drive her somewhere. Would that be okay with you? If we went with her to the place she needs to go? I know you wanted to watch that movi-"

"Are you kidding me? Of course that's okay, I love her. She plays with me. She's almost better at it you."

"Heard that? I'm almost beating you, Sage." I tease.

"Almost." he says. "Now, what time is that appointment of yours?"

"At 6 o'clock. It's right in front of NYU." I explain.

"Well, since we don't have to go right away, we can do something. You can stay with us until it's time to go."

"Oh my god, yes! We can all play together. Best day ever."