୨ chapter seventeen ୧

Theo left for practice about 30 minutes ago

Theo left for practice about 30 minutes ago. I'm sitting here in his living room waiting for Isa to come pick me up. I haven't seen her in a while so it was actually a good turn of events for me.

Getting tired of sitting still in one place while waiting for my best friend, I decide to go around Theo's apartment.

Should I be noisy? No, but I can't help being curious to see everything.

For a guy, Theodore Sage sure has a clean apartment. That's unusual.

Looking at his kitchen, I see a bag. A jewelry store's bag. I can't help but feel like that logo is familiar so I go check it up close and gasp.

It's the same as the one on the store card that came with my tangled necklace. The one with the note, from my birthday.

What the fuck are the odds?

I'm probably just getting ahead of myself, right? This is probably just a coincidence. He could've simple gone to the store to buy something else, like jewelry for his mom or something like that. Thinking he is the mystery person who gifted me the necklace would just be stupid.

Before I can shake the thought, my phone rings.

"I'm here." a familiar voice says.

"Okay, I'm going." I reply.

Going out of Theo's apartment, still in shock, I turn off the lights and close the front door.

As I'm leaving the building, I immediately see Isa's car on the entrance and hop on.

"Hey, Lena!" she greets me, excited "What happened? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Hey Isa, nothing, I just really miss you." I lie.

"We've been best friends forever, you think you can really lie to me? Come on, spill it."

She knows me better than anyone, really. Should I tell her what I think I saw? Because I could be wrong and it would only add to Isa's already long list of reasons why she thinks Theo's in love with me, which is ridiculous.

Still, I can't lie to my best friend so I just tell her everything.

"What? Are you serious?" she asks.

"I don't know, I might just be getting ahead of myself. I'm very delusional so I can definitely be wrong."

"Well, we have to find a way to know." she encourages. "Also, wait a minute... Why were you at his apartment?"

"I've told you, he had practice and couldn't be late so leaving me there and having you pick me up was easier than being dropped off at home."

"Why were you even with him in the first place? What have you not been telling me, Elena Sanchez?"

"Can you not dramatize this? It's not like him being in my life is anything new. He's Oliver's best friend, I can't just get rid of him."

"No, you kind of can... You just don't want to."