୨ chapter twenty-seven ୧

"Where the fuck were you?" Oliver asks as soon as I get into the house

With your best friend, now my boyfriend.

"I told you, I was with Isa." I reply.

I can't tell him I was with Theo. He would freak out.

"You can't just decide to leave the house, sleep over at your friends' place and not tell me. Do you have any idea how worried I was when I went into your room this morning and you weren't there? I'm responsible for you in here, Lena."

God, I didn't know he would be so worried, I actually feel bad.

"I'm sorry, Oliver. I didn't mean to upset you, I just fell asleep."

"It's good, we're good just don't do it again, okay?" he says, coming to me and hugging me.

"Never."

———

"Hey, Oli, I'm leaving." I say grabbing my keys.

"Again? Where are you going?" he asks.

I can't tell him I'm going to therapy yet, I would have to explain everything to him and I don't think I'm ready yet.

"Just gonna do some school stuff. I have a lecture today."

"Hm okay, are you gonna be here for dinner?"

"Yes, I'll see you later."

I leave the house and put my headphones on, my music keeping me entertained.

With "Thinking Bout You" by Frank Ocean blasting on my headphones, I get to the subway station and get into the first one that I see on the line.

A few minutes later, I'm finally at Dr. Thompson's private practice and enter it with a less anxious feeling on my chest.

"Good afternoon, I'm here to see Dr. Thompson? I have an appointment at 4pm." I say to the receptionist.

The woman sitting in front of me is an old lady with a radiant smile. She looks like one of those people who would hug you every second if you let them.

Something about her reminds me of my grandma María.

For a moment, I get sad thinking about the fact that I don't have my grandmother with me anymore.

I quickly shake the feeling and try to forget about it.

"Oh hello my dear, Dr. Thompson is ready for you now if you want to go in. Her 3pm appointment cancelled."