୨ chapter eighteen ୧

"They what? Please tell me you're joking" I say, trying to process what Elena just told me "That is so uncomfortable, I would die

"They what? Please tell me you're joking" I say, trying to process what Elena just told me "That is so uncomfortable, I would die."

Then I start laughing picturing Elena's face when she walked into Oliver and Gigi.

"Don't laugh at me, asshole" she hits me with her pillow "It's not funny."

And she laughs too, joining me. I end up throwing her the pillow she threw me and we end up in a fight.

Lost in laughter we fall on the mattress, Elena's eyes locked on mine. Everything around us stops and it's like there's just me and her in the world.

God, I really want to kiss her right now. I have to go before I do anything stupid.

"Look, I would love to stay here and keep reminding you about what happened while I laugh at you but I have to go before Oliver comes in here." I tell her, almost in a whisper.

"Yeah, you should probably go." she replies, standing up, clearly aware of what just happened.

"Hm, bye now?!"

"Bye, Theo."

———

"What took you so long? Couldn't find the bathroom?" Oliver jokes.

"No, I was just on the phone with my mom." I lie "Starlie is coming to New York to stay with me for a couple of days." This part is true.

"So, I'm assuming I won't be seeing much of you this week."

It's true. Whenever Starlie comes over, I stay with her for the whole time she's here. After all, she's my baby sister and it kills me that I don't live with her. I have to spend as much time as possible with her.

However, this time I can't skip practice so I either have to find someone to watch Star for me or take her with me.

I'll sort that out later.

"Yeah, you know how it is. I will be going to practice, though. Coach has been telling me to get my head back in basketball and he's right, if I wanna make it to NBA, I really need to get back in line."

"You've been acting different, that's for sure." he admits "If I didn't know you any better, I would say you found yourself a girlfriend."

Well, not a girlfriend but I can tell you that your sister has all my mind and thoughts revolving around her.

"I don't have time for that." I lie.

In fact, I do have plenty of time. I just don't feel the need to be with someone. I haven't ever liked anyone enough to date them. Ever.

Sure, I've had situationships here and there. Meaningless make out sessions and one-night stands, but never a relationship. It just gets too messy and no one has ever felt like a right fit for me so I just stay out of it.