Picking sides

____I might be updating tomorrow we'll see:)So I'm writing this note because there is a big jump in the reads of chapters 7&8 (fade into you and insufferable)  I started to think people might've missed 'fade into you' since I uploaded the two chap...

____
I might be updating tomorrow we'll see:)
So I'm writing this note because there is a big jump in the reads of chapters 7&8 (fade into you and insufferable) I started to think people might've missed 'fade into you' since I uploaded the two chapters at the same time I might be wrong but still wanted to remind that
Anyway happy reading (?)

____

She wore a short strappy white dress with a delicate pinkish floral print. It was the first dress she laid her eyes on, but it was hard to get ready in almost complete darkness. She couldn't waste time deciding between choices, so she snatched the dress off the hanger and changed her clothes.

She did everything right, walking on her tiptoes and not drawing the curtains so the sunlight wouldn't disturb his sleep. She tried to be quiet, but it didn't help when she was about to leave the bedroom. Emily froze in her place, hearing his voice just as she thought her escape had succeeded.

"I can drop you off" he said in a raspy voice. She closed her eyes before spinning around to meet his face, cursing herself for waking him up.

They never talked about her nightmare. He didn't even acknowledge it once, and she was never more thankful for that. She just wanted things to go back to how they were before that night, and it seemed like they did.

"No, it's okay. Go back to sleep" she said with a smile, watching him sit up on the bed and adjust to his waking state without acknowledging her statement.

They were used to waking up early due to their job. It happened every day; it was their regular schedule. Their bodies had become so accustomed to the routine that they would wake up, sometimes even before the alarm.

But things were changing now. They no longer had an office to go to early in the morning, and it had been almost a month since the operation began. So they found themselves sometimes sleeping in, as if their bodies were neglecting the habitual response created by their old routine.

"Emily..." he said tiredly, not because of waking up, but rather because he was already tired of the idea of fighting with her over him dropping her off. They had already had this conversation, and he wasn't willing to have a déjà vu.

The day of the wedding came sooner than they had expected. She woke up early to arrive on time at the wedding venue. She was still stressed about having to do the flower arrangements, and she knew being late wouldn't help with her stress.

But of course, Aaron noticed her sudden absence from the bed. "Claire is giving me a ride" she immediately said. "She's Daphne's bridesmaid" she added, trying to prove to Aaron that she was all settled and he didn't need to worry.

"Are you sure?" He didn't want to force his help on her again, and when she said their redhead neighbor would take her, he felt a bit better. "Yes, Aaron, I'm sure. Daphne and Ryan wanted to handle the transportation themselves, so Claire will just drop me off at the venue. I'll be home when I'm done with the arrangements" Emily said, smiling. Since she had already made sure the floral arrangements were secure and packed, she just needed to be there and assist with the setup.