"Just do it already!"

____

____

Happy reading!

____

They were standing silently next to each other, Emily sipping from her champagne glass, when Daphne surprised them by tapping Emily's shoulder from behind. It was the first time she saw her up close after the ceremony. Daphne had already managed to change into a different, more comfortable dress—a long white dress without her puffy gown. Her hair, which had originally been in an updo, was now down, resting on her bare shoulders.

"You look like a princess!" Emily remarked, suddenly emotional as she stood close to Daphne, seeing her joyful expression more clearly. "Thank you" she smiled. She would've hugged her if she wasn't hiding her hands behind her back.

"Congratulations, Daphne. The ceremony was beautiful" Aaron added
Daphne pulled a camera from behind her back after thanking him "It's an old Polaroid camera. My mother-in-law gifted it to me" she said proudly, no doubt enjoying how the title rolled off her tongue. "Along with some other stuff" she murmured, looking at the camera in her hand, leaving the interpretation to them.

"I'm testing it, so let me take a picture of you. Claire and Noah already got theirs" she announced, looking back at them.

It was just a simple picture, sure. But he still didn't know what to say or do with Emily beside him. He looked at her for a sign, and she gave it to him by getting closer, allowing him to place his hand where he usually put it—around her waist. Both of them posed for the camera.

Claire raised the camera to her face but lowered it when she looked through the lens, a disappointed look on her face. Emily and Aaron's impatient smiles faded.

"This is not how you take a picture with your wife" she insisted, waiting for them to "fix" themselves until they met her expectations for a perfect-picture-worthy staging.

"Kiss her!" a tiny voice called from behind them.

Emily and Aaron snapped their heads in sync, looking around to see Ryan with Sophie, Daphne's daughter. The young girl was covering her mouth and giggling in her stepfather's arms.

"Just do it already!" Daphne sighed, rubbing her forehead impatiently and sounding disappointed that she had to tell him to do it.

This was something they had never talked about, perhaps even avoided, as if ignoring the subject would make the possibility go away.

But it didn't, and they were in a position where refusing would just look weird. Aaron looked at her, staring into her brown eyes, which were glaring at his lips. She didn't signal him to do anything, but he figured her looking at his lips was the closest he would get to approval. He cupped her cheek, and before she could look up to meet his eyes, he connected their lips and kissed her slowly.